Chapter 1: Prologue

Beautiful people. My name is Tyran and this is my first story. I'm really excited for it and I hope ya'll are going to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to voice out your opinions on it so comment and share. Excuse the grammatical errors. Depending on the comments and number of reads ill know whether to keep going or Nah. And please help me with covers and banners and send them to me. I hope you all bloom like wild flowers.

Xo

CONNECTED

Chapter 1

"Azariah! Azariah! For Pete's sake get your lazy ass out of bed!" My sister Rhesa shouted. "5 more minutes." It was one of those mornings where it seems like you're drunk with sleep and your bed is holding you hostage. Suddenly, she ripped the covers off of me and all the cozy warmth I was feeling disappeared forcing me to curl into a foetal position. "Rhee, please just 5 more minutes," I groaned. I drifted back into a deep sleep when suddenly I felt cold chilling water all over my body. "Oh no you don't!" she exclaimed, grabbing my ankles and started to wrench my body left, right and center. "You lunatic let go of me!" I screamed at her as I wriggled vigorously like a slated earthworm. I catapulted out of my bed leaving blankets swirling chaotically behind me. In front of me stood Rhesa holding an empty jug which previously contained the water she poured on me.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask her, my voice cold. A smirk played on her lips, "who, me?"

I narrowed my eyes and the daggers I threw at her were vicious. "No, Winnie the Pooh." I replied sarcastically. She rolled her eyes. "Azariah, if you're not ready in 15 minutes, it won't be cold water I'm pouring on you this time but hot water. Those evil spirits making you still want to sleep after a good night's rest of 12 hours need to burn," she threatened. I instantly regretted letting her spend the night at my apartment. Rhesa has her own apartment but it is in such a huge mess that even she cant stand to be in it; this is due to the fact that she was too preoccupied with work to even arrange things. My house was like her second home, she was always over. I didn't mind though, I loved her company. Do not get the wrong impression though, my twin sister is not a violent maniac. She is actually my best friend. Rhesa was a head turner. Her hair was ebony black with brown highlights and it flowed over her shoulders. Her eyes framed by long eyelashes were the same color as mine; hazel brown. She had a heart shaped face and high cheek bones as well as a shapely figure. Everybody adored her. She was popular and had so many friends. This got her attention from guys who fell head over heels for her and would kill for even 10 minutes with her. I looked exactly like her. We both had double piercings and we would wear the same clothes on a regular basis seeing as we both had the same fashion sense. Another thing was our nickname, everybody called us Rhee. There were only minor differences like the way I had a birthmark above my lip while she didn't and I was smarter in terms of academics. In terms of personality we were very different. She was highly successful and the best advocate in town at the young age of 21 and was earning hundreds of thousands of dollars. She was always occupied with work and in her free time, she preferred to stay home all day in pajamas watching Netflix or cheesy soaps eating a ton of ice cream. Me, on the other hand, I was all about the passionate stuff. I was more outgoing, always doing crazy things and going out. I was an artist. I majored in graphic design so I was equally busy.

I zoomed to the bathroom and took a hot shower which dispelled all traces of laziness in me. I slipped into navy blue ripped jeans, a sleeveless black top and threw on a denim jacket in case it got chilly later on. I combed my hair and for my makeup I put on eye liner, mascara and some lipstick. I stood in front of my mirror building castles in the air when I was thrown off by Rhesa flouncing into my room, "Oi! The mirror is not going anywhere. Let's go!"