The cool water of the lake touches the fingers of his little feet making him shriek in surprise and his eyes fly opens as he folds his legs together and puts his little feet close to each other, curling into himself. The water is getting cold, ofcourse it's going to be evening soon. But he doesn't want to leave yet. This is the last day of their vacation before he goes back to school. He's now in a cottage in Lavasa with his parents for a trip where there's a small lake in the backyard.

Slowly but carefully, he tries to put his toes back in the cold water, as soon as his little toes touch the surface of water again, he shivers but doesn't back down. He's a big boy now. A little bit of cold is not going to scare him off, no.

"Dev", Laxmi narrows her eyes at him sternly. She sits at the end of the lake with her legs inside the water which only reaches her thighs.

He peaks up at her through his thick lashes and grins mischievously as he continues to put his feet inside the water until it reaches his ankles and then he does the same with his other feet too. As soon as he's done, he move both his legs up and down, the water moving with him creating little waves. Soon hid legs move faster causing water to splash off the surface and falling on to his face as he giggles to himself. Laxmi chuckles, shaking her head seeing his antics. He looks so adorable with his chubby cheeks flushed and his grin so wide that it could lit up the whole sky

"That's enough beta , you'll get sick. Stop!", She tries to reach the ring but he just uses his hands to get away from her all the while laughing and continues splashing water around him.

Suddenly the tube flips upside down, taking him under the water and he gasps then closes his mouth instantly as water gets inside his nose and mouth.

Laxmi,s eyes widen and she jumps inside the lake and pulls him out with both his arms and then clutches him to her and stands up. She moves back to the surface where was sitting all the while holding him as the same height as her.

He coughs and blinks rapidly, his legs awkwardly hanging up in the air. He turns to look at his mother expecting to see anger but is shocked when he sees her glassy eyes and it looked like she had a hard time breathing.

She makes him sit on the grass and then walks up to the benches to bring some towels.

"Maa", Dev whispers and when she doesn't turn around or answer, his bottom lips puckers out and he sniffles, running a hand on his face to wipe out the tears. She walks back to him, her eyes softens and she sits with legs folded together in front of him, making him sit on her lap.

"Don't ever do that again", her voice cracks as she cups his cheeks which were red from both the weather and the tears. He nods vigorously.

She wipes him from head to toe and he touches her cheeks, peeking up at her and smiling fondly and she smiles back. He has never seen someone more beautiful than her before. With big brown eyes and full eyebrows and that beautiful smile on her face. Yes, his mother is the most beautiful women he has ever seen. He tilts his head to the side and stares openly at her and when he doesn't stop, she chuckles.

"What?"

"You're beautiful Maa"

"Oh why, thank-you there, my little prince", she blushes and touched tip of his nose with the tip of her index finger making him giggle.

"When I grow up, I'm going to marry you", he says, more to himself.

"My my, really?", She seems surprised at his bluntness.

"Yes", he nods proudly

"And what are we going to do with your father, hmmm?", she puts her fist under chin and Wiggles her brows in mischief.