"Well..."

"No, excuses. This isn't even what I came for."

Micheal clears his throat and sits straight. "Well?"

"What?"

"Explain yourself. Tell me your sob story. That's why you're here, right? You want me to leave you alone once I realize you're going through something."

"Is something wrong with you? Need me to knock some sense into you?" I sighed. "Why would I explain myself to someone like you?"

"Well-"

"I came here to tell you to leave me alone. Things are finally getting less hectic around me, so I decided to play nice. I set up this meeting to get you to end this nonsense between us. Now, please, say you won't bother me again unless it's important."

"Hmm..."

"You want me to leave you alone?"

"Yeah."

"Pretend like you don't even exist?"

"Exactly."

"No talking bad about you to the teacher or the students?"

"Don't forget your blog."

"Hmm..."

"Well?"

Micheal 'hmm'-ed for over thirty seconds. I almost slammed my fists on the table out of anger. Fortunately, I calmed myself. I couldn't afford another migraine. Those things are always bringing trouble.

"Okay! But on one condition!"

"Yes?"

"I need food first."

I groaned.

"But not here. I don't eat seafood."

I groaned harder. Why is this person like this?!

"There are other options," I deadpanned. "It's on the menu."

"I don't like the other options."

"Then don't eat. Didn't you say you had a date later?"

"Yeah, I lied. I was trying to make you jealous." Micheal chuckled a bit to himself. I shook my head at him. I don't know why he thought I'd be jealous of him going on a date, but he should get himself checked. If anything, I was concerned. Concerned for the poor girl going out with him, that is.

Thirty minutes later, I got off a taxi in front of the sketchiest alleyway I'd ever seen.

"Did I pay for the taxi ride to my death?" I asked, eyeing the place.

"Whatever do you mean, Lloyd?"

"What exactly do you plan to do in such a sketchy place? I thought you wanted to eat."

"So, here's the thing-"

"Let me guess, you lied," I sighed. I stretched my hands a bit.

"Good guess," Micheal said, an annoyingly smug look on his face. "If you notice, this place is uninhabited. By that, I mean no people, pets-"

"I know what that word means."

"Right. And the reason for that is simple. The government."

"Eh?"

Micheal walked toward a door and pulled out a bunch of keys. I looked around. There were no people or any signs of something alive. Not even rodents or insects.

"What I'm saying is we are on government property."

"Eh?!"

Micheal unlocked the door and proceeded to walk in. I wasn't sure at first, but I followed after anyway.

The place looked like a secret basement in spy movies. However, once Micheal turned on the lights, it felt like a small home. It had this cozy feeling. Almost as if someone was living there.

"Welcome to my crib."

"I see... wait! This is where you stay?! What of your house that was two houses from mine? Did something happen?"

"Do you genuinely care or you're surprised?"

"Surprised."

"Ouch. And here I thought we bonded during the ride here."

"Bonded?"

If his definition of bonded is singing along to the road with a terrible voice while nudging me consistently, then I'm not surprised anymore. I'm only sad that I thought to settle things with this person.

"What's your condition?" I asked, leaning against the back of a couch.

Michael paused his walking around and stared at me intently. His eyes seemed serious and I thought I saw a light flicker in his irises. I got uncomfortable. He only kept staring at me with no particular emotion on his face.

I broke eye contact.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Lloyd. There's something I'm going to tell you. I want you to listen."

"If this is a joke-"

"It's not!"

I was taken aback by his sudden declaration.

"Ah, sorry," Michael rubbed the back of his neck. "I won't annoy you anymore at school or provoke you intentionally if you just listen to what I say and help me."

A/N: You guys, it was Micheal 😂. Sorry, if you went through all the trouble of searching the internet. More coming your way in the next chapter. See you there!