Secret Affair 3

It's been an hour since the dance started, many attendees are sitting or chatting around as they are exhausted from dancing.

Now that everyone is settled down, important guests started to give the King one by one. Showing their wealth and resources by doing so.

Pacita watches as many nobles act like every other commoner she knows when they want to flatter someone.

Giving something valuable or showing someone skills or even giving away living animals or jewelry exported abroad.

The King smiles when he doesn't like the gift, he laughs when he likes it and he chats more if he is intrigued with the gift.

It was lively but also one sided entertainment. Everyone is doing a performance for the King. Somehow, Pacita doesn't feel that this is anything special.

"Mom?"

"What did your father bring for his Majesty?" Pacita asks.

"It's a blue diamond." Amadeus said.

"Dad took it from the Amanko Tribe years ago and I believe it symbolizes prosperity and longevity."

"Wow, your father is so thoughtful." Pacita said can't believe Mito will be that romantic in choosing a gift. Pacita always seems to think Mito doesn't take the King seriously.

"Well the symbolizing part is just a make up story. Father wants to get a perfect gift for mother and this stone is one of them. Though father doesn't like how it turns out, the butler said the type of stone and its color will be appreciated by the royal family."

Pacita blinks.

And then she shakes her head.

'They really don't take the royal family seriously.'

Pacita almost burst to laughter when the King saw Mito's gift and Mito talks about the symbol of the gem.

It was like seeing a comedy show.

The King left after a while, the Princes stayed with the guests.

Pacita is getting sleepy so Mito and Amadeus want to bring her home.

Before they left, they heard a commotion.

The man slapped the woman in the face.

She didn't expect it and she was out of balance and fell down. The glass she is holding fell down and the wine inside splashes on the floor and the people around making many women scream from the cold liquid splashes to their clothes or their skin.

"How dare you!" The man angrily shouted in anger. His son pulled him back making him unable to come forward and harm the woman on the floor further.

"You dare cheat on me after all I have done for you?"

The woman on the floor just held her hurt cheek and her face was blank.

It was not sure if she was shocked about falling or being slapped in public.

"Distasteful. Can't they bring their problem back to their house?" Amadeus snorts

"Let's go." Mito urged Pacita

Pacita looks at this situation and feels she has seen many things like this.

A cheating wife and an angry husband.

Only a shrewd woman will dare to bark to their husband when they are cheating. And those shrewd wives are not afraid to be labeled shrewd. They are more afraid to swallow grievances without a fight and truthfully, those shrewd wives will always live way better than a quiet wife who will accept and sacrifice their lives for their husbands.