Words Unsaid Ch. 20

Riley and Maya had made their way to the airport, hand in hand. The excitement of Maya's art exchange program to Germany was palpable, but there was a bittersweet tinge to it all. As they reached the waiting area, they found their families, including Lucas, chit-chatting and making the most of the time they had before Maya's flight arrived.

Riley could feel a lump forming in her throat as she tried to hold back the tears. She knew she had to be strong for Maya, to support her in this new adventure. But it was tough to imagine being away from her for so long.

As they settled into the chairs next to their families, Riley noticed a hint of doubt in Maya's eyes. She knew what was on her mind. Maya was contemplating changing her mind about the art exchange program, just because they had officially become a couple. Riley took her hand and looked deep into her eyes.

"Maya, I know you're scared, but please don't change your mind. You deserve this opportunity, and I'll be here waiting for you when you get back. No matter how long it takes, no matter what happens, I'll be rooting for you. Always."

Maya looked at Riley with tears in her eyes, realizing how lucky she was to have someone like her in her life. She leaned in for a hug, and as they held each other tight, Riley whispered in her ear, "I love you."

The boarding call for Maya's flight interrupted their moment, and with a heavy heart, they slowly let go of each other. Riley watched with tears in her eyes as Maya walked towards the terminal, but before she reached the boarding gate, Maya turned around and looked at their families and then at Riley.

With a smile and tears in her eyes, Maya boarded the plane. As Riley got ready to leave, she noticed everyone smiling at her, and her father Corey handed her a ticket, and her mother Topanga gave her an already-packed bag. Slowly realization hit her.

"Thunder and lightning, remember?" Corey said with a smile.

Now, Riley knew what was happening. Her family was sending her after Maya, to be with her on this new journey. With tears in her eyes, Riley hugged her family and said her goodbyes.

As she made her way towards the gate, Riley saw Maya looking out of the plane window. Without a word, she sat next to her, taking her hand. Maya turned to look at Riley, and with a smile, they both knew that everything was going to be okay.

They leaned in for a kiss, sealing their love, and looking forward to this new adventure together.