Just Friends - nomin

Super short little thing :)

Jeno pov -

It's hard always feeling alone. I didn't grow up emotionally neglected, but I pushed myself away from the emotions. I don't know why, but I was afraid of letting others know my feelings. It made me feel weak. I built a wall and put on a mask. I always pretended to care less than I actually did. I was never honest with the people closest to me about how I felt. Little by little, however, all that changed. I met someone. It felt like fate. He understood everything about me because he was the same way. I never felt obligated or afraid to talk. I felt comfortable. I stopped fighting my thoughts and let myself breathe.

The day I met Jaemin was a day I'll never forget. The first time I locked eyes with him convinced me we were destined to meet. The more time we spent together the more I believed that. He was my safe space. I wasn't afraid of leaving behind everything I once knew because what I know now is so much better. He is so much better.

At first, I called him my best friend, but then our hands would brush and my heart would race. I blamed it on my lack of affection for so long but deep down I knew I was falling in love. Every time I looked at him my heart would race and I couldn't contain my smile. I caught myself staring at him all the time. I would check my phone every minute to see if he had texted me. I spent every available minute with him.

Over time, our hands would brush more. We would hand stuff to each other and our hands would touch longer than was normal. We would go for drives and listen to the music we loved. We would go out and eat together. We watched movies together. We did everything together.

Eventually, the tension grew to be too much. The attraction I felt for him wasn't one-sided. The quick brush of our hands turned into longer ones until we eventually held hands. In public, we were still friends, but behind closed doors, we were so much more. We took longer drives and the music grew louder. The love grew unbearable.

The day I kissed him was the day my whole life changed. I was so nervous. We both knew we were in love but addressing that was so scary. I pulled away, our lips sticking together, and looked into his eyes. He smiled and I smiled back. I was so in love with this boy.