Loath to Remember

"Are you alright?" sounded a jaunty Welsh accent from behind Castiel.

"Do I look-" Castiel found himself face to face with the breathtaking Kali Agnihotri. Her sleek raven-black fell against her shoulders like a silken cloak, contrasting her bright aquamarine eyes. "Never been better, actually," he chuckled, a faint blush forming on his cheeks.

"I'd hope so. I've never seen anyone in their right mind scream 'I'll let you die'," Kali joked.

"You haven't met me, then," Castiel declared with joking pride. "Castiel Yasin Redgrave, pleasure to meet you, Miss?"

"Agnihotri. Kali Agnihotri," Kali smirked.

"Kali? Did you find who screamed like- oh, Redgrave." From the shadows, appeared Terence Higgs, his face showing slightly more emotion than earlier.

"Are all Slytherins as pretty as you two?" Castiel said airily, stunned at Terence and Kali.

"Well...I don't know what to say," Terence laughed nervously. "As a Slytherin I'm humbled by the praise of a Redgrave."

"You're actually a hot topic back in our house," said Kali. "Most speaking out of envy."

"Huh?" Castiel squeaked. "Among who?"

"Among us 'Death Eater scum'." Terence rolled his eyes as he thought of Zacharias' slight.

"Oh yeah! You're the guy who fought with Smith last week!" Castiel grabbed Terence's hand and shook it gentler than he normally would. "Terry, right?"

"It's Terence actually, but you're more than welcome to call me Terry," Terence said, cracking an uncharacteristic smile.

"Dear gods, you got him to smile!" Kali squealed with pride. "He must like you!"

"Oh shut up, Kali!"

"Just the Castiel Yasin Redgrave charm, I guess," Castiel giggled, releasing Terence. "By the way, Terry. What's a Death Eater?"

"You don't know what a Death Eater is?" Terence laughed. "What did you grow up among Muggles or something?"

"Yeah, actually." Terence was silenced by Castiel's statement.

"Not what I was expecting."

"Terry, why don't you tell him while we walk to lunch," Kali suggested. "Trust me, this story is a bumpy ride."

"Before we go to the Great Hall, could we stop somewhere? My friends kinda think I'm dead." Castiel scratched the back of his head.

Kali and Terence looked at each other in terror and confusion, wondering what exactly happened to Castiel.

"We can't have that, I suppose," Terence stammered.

"Lead the way, Castiel," said Kali.

And so they walked away to the empty classroom near Charms while Terence explained the very chaotic history of the Death Eaters.

It had been twelve minutes into the hour and a half long lunch break that Lee and Marietta had spent sobbing over the apparent deaths of Castiel, Fred and George. Both of them never expected to lose their friends so early and so horrifyingly.

Their cries made them deaf to Cho's awakening, who stared at them in concern. "Marie? Jordan? What's wrong?" she asked as reassuringly as she could, praying she didn't sound confused.

"Oh Merlin, Cho!" Marietta and Lee pulled Cho into their grasp, crying even more intensely.

"We're sorry, Chang!" cried Lee. "We're so sorry!"