Down In A Blaze Of Glory

An English summer was a fickle thing.

Some days the clouds would be grey and saturated with rain and others, the sky would be cloudless, perfectly complementing the unnecessarily sultry weather.

But this summer however...

'Blazing' was the only appropriate word to describe this summer, and the ocean air and lack of activities in the city of Birmingham didn't deter bored residents from incoming heat strokes.

One of those bored residents was a high school boy who was scrolling through the channels on the telly for something interesting to watch.

Year 10 Physics? It was summer break, screw that.

Absolutely Fabulous? Absolutely not.

The Great British Bake Off? Not today.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?

Well...why not.

It was 15 minutes into the movie, and some boy with black hair, who was most probably Harry Potter, was walking with a group of redheads to something called a portkey. A boy named Cedric Diggory jumped out of a tree...he's cute. At something called the Quidditch World Cup people were chanting, "Viktor! Viktor!"

And the boy accepted the sweet embrace of Morpheus.

Beep beep! Beeeeeeep!

"What the hell!" he shouted in exasperation, leaping out of his slumber. He ran out of the living room only for his vision to be slightly obstructed by a veil of smoke. The door that led to the front yard was in full view, and he bolted towards it. Unfortunately, the roof fell on him. The last words he heard were, "That's my son! That's my boy!"

Oh so that's where the death scene that everyone in school tried to recreate was from! Who died though?

Oh well... this life wasn't the best, but at least he got to go down in a blaze of glory.

Hopefully, the next one will be better...