14 ll Guys, There Are Children Here

Val

We stepped out into the Dingo parking lot and Dally, Johnny, and Ponyboy started inside.

But I just slammed the passenger door shut and stood, unmoving. "Val, let's go," Dally encouraged.

"What if he is cheating on me?" I asked slowly, looking down.

"Then you get to see me beat someone up. It'll be fun, savvy? Very entertaining. Now let's go, it's freezing out here."

When I finally decided to follow them, a grimy hand grabbed my arm and jolted me backwards.

I screamed, which caught the attention of the three greasers in front of me.

"Dallas Winston," the voice snickered, pulling a blade from his back pocket and pushing it against my throat so hard I was surprised that it didn't draw blood.

"Don't you touch her," Dally growled, stepping closer to the person who I could only assume was Tim Shepard.

Tim tightened his grasp, and I inhaled sharply. I felt some drops of blood dribble onto my shirt. "Is this your broad, Dallas?"

"Just go away, or you're gonna regret it."

Dallas stuck his hand into the back pocket his jeans, and I saw Pony look over at me, fear stricken.

He had a heater. I could almost hear Ponyboy saying those words.

"Dally, don't," I screamed, but that only caused my attacker to knee me in the back.

I could sense other boys behind me, snickering and whispering to each other, but I feared that turning around would only increase my chances of being hurt.

Dallas drew his gun, and I almost collapsed. Don't shoot, Dally. Don't shoot. I slammed my eyes shut, allowing hard tears to escape.

"What the hell did I even do to you?" he shot back.

Tim snickered. "Rocky, one of my gang. Bullet hole right in his stomach. Kid's lucky to be alive. Curly says it was you."

Dallas raised an eyebrow, lowering his gun. "Why the hell would I shoot one of yours?"

"Beats me, Winston. Betcha'd hate to see the same thing happen to one of your precious greasers."

I saw Tim's eyes avert to look at Johnny, and Dally tensed.

"If you hurt her, or come anywhere close to any of them, I'll slit your throat before you even have time to beg for mercy." The old Dallas Winston was gone, and all I could see is a rage filled, red-eyed, bloodthirsty hood.

I wanted to say something, but the blade was so close to my throat and blood now made a steady trail down my front.

"Well, well, well. Look who's gone soft for some little kids and a dumb broad."

Tim released me, and I collapsed to the ground.

Ponyboy and Johnny ran up and dragged me over away from Tim, and Dally lowered the heater.

However, my attacker took the opportunity and ran at Dallas. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Tim could kill him. He can't kill him.

Tim slit Dallas's jaw all the way from his cheekbone to his chin, and I gasped, shuffling to my feet. Suddenly, the rest of Shepard's outfit was running at us.

Johnny had a blade, and Pony busted a bottle and held it out. He pushed his long greasy hair away, nervously. I knew he wouldn't use it, he never could.

I had nothing, so I thought quick and found a large rock in the parking lot.

When I turned, Tim was choking Dallas. I threw the rock without thinking, and it hit Tim square in the lip.