11 ll Keith, Get Out of My House

A/N: To the side is basically what I imagine Val looking like. Obviously the clothes and makeup don't match the time period but you can get an idea. Thanks :]

-

Val

"Are you sure you're okay?" asked Soda for the millionth time. He stood over me, buttoning up his DX shirt.

"Uh huh, now go to work, ya hear?" I said. Sodapop had insisted that I lay in his bed and take a nap until I felt better.

I knew that I wasn't sick, just shaken up from my encounter with my psychopathic mother, suddenly turned nice.

The greasy diner burger also may have been a contributing factor.

"Okay, Val. Darry and Ponyboy are downstairs. Be back soon."

Soda pressed his lips against my forehead and I kissed his cheek.

"Call if ya need me," he said, before flipping out the light and closing the door behind him.

I pulled up the blankets and snuggled under his comforter. His bed smelled like him, and I engulfed myself into it.

After a while, I must've fallen asleep because when I woke up, Soda was already home.

The rest of the gang was hanging out in the living room when I came down, hair looking like a rat's nest and all.

"Hey sleeping beauty," Steve laughed, and I hit him in the back of the head before sitting next to Soda, still in his DX shirt.

"Why were ya even sleeping? It's six at night," Dally pointed out.

"Feelin' a little sick. Stomachache."

I heard Two-Bit whisper to Ponyboy, who rolled his eyes. Although only 14, Pony was more mature than him.

"What?" I demanded, crossing my arms.

"He thinks you're pregnant," Steve interjected, earning a smack from Two.

"It ain't like that, ya creep," I grumbled.

"You never know..." Two laughed, and put his feet on the coffee table.

"Oh, we know," Soda and I said in unison.

"Have you guys even-" Two began.

"No!" I replied immediately, cutting him off. I knew what he was going to say immediately, and so did the rest of the gang. Dallas tensed.

Two-Bit smirked. "Whatever you sayy."

"Keith, get out of my house," I demanded, pointing to the door with my face becoming red.

Darry entered the room, newspaper in hand, and said, "Valerie, this is my house."

He shoved Two-Bit's feet off the coffee table and looked at him in the eyes before repeating, "Keith, get out of my house."

The boy scoffed and walked out to go home, sending Johnny and Ponyboy into a fit of laughter.

"You three should go unless you wanna stay for dinner," Darry told Steve, Johnny, and Dally, and walked back into the kitchen.

Steve left, and Johnny began to slowly walk to the door, clenching his fists.

Johnny wasn't too keen on the idea of walking the streets alone at night after he was jumped the other day.

"C'mon Johnnycakes," Dally said. "I'll go with ya."

Johnny nodded as the two left, and Ponyboy eagerly followed.