Napaka-kaswal ng pagkaka-kuwento ni Venice na hindi alam ni Rai kung paano sasagot. She doesn’t know what to say or think. She doesn’t even know where this is going.

“You want the truth? That’s the truth, Rai. And we don’t have much time.”

“What? What do you mean we don’t have much time?”

“Your father wants you back.”

Natawa si Rai. A sarcastic one.

“He wants me back? Ano ako? Ex niya? Ganoon na lang ‘yon? Pagkatapos niya akong ipatapon sasabihin niya gusto na niya ulit ako sa buhay niya?”

“Rai, your father is King Martin. The King of Spain. He needs you to take over the throne.”

Mas lalong natawa si Rai. Am I dreaming? She was just saying something about how the parents I loved and knew weren’t my real parents and now here she goes saying that my real father is a king? Note the sarcasm.

“Nasaan ba ako? Nasa Wattpad? Noong kailan lang ulilang lubos ako tapos ngayon prinsesa na ako?”

Venice maintained a straight face, showing Rai that she isn’t joking around and that this isn’t a joking matter but so is Rai. Rai is not kidding, she is being sarcastic because she wants Venice to realize how unreal and crazy she sounds.

“This is the reason why I stayed by your side all this time, to bring you back,” seryosong saad ni Venice.

“Wow, okay. So, you’re telling me everything was part of the plan? So, how about the death of my ‘parents’? Is that also part of the plan? Trip niyo lang saktan ako, gano’n? Nasaan sila? Are they secretly alive, hiding from me, because it’s part of your great, big plan?”

“About that... they really died. That... that wasn’t part of the plan,” nakayukong sagot ni Venice. She sounds down and sad.

Rai knows it also affected Venice when her parents died but now... she doesn’t even know if any of that was real.

“They truly loved you. When they were offered money, they refused it and just wanted to name you. That was all they asked for. They’ve always wanted the name Riley, they said they’d name it to their son or daughter but they weren’t able to conceive one on their own so when they had you, they were sure that they’d name you Riley. They said they’d name you Riley Genesis because you’re a new beginning for them. And when they met you, they said they’d also name you Venus because you were so beautiful. I told them maybe three names is a bit too much but they just answered, ‘it’s our only shot to name our own child, nothing’s too much.’

“They really thought of you as their own child but things don’t always go the way we want them to. When they died, everything was ruined. They were the ones who were supposed to tell you everything. So, when your uncle and aunt took over the responsibility of taking care of you, it wasn’t just hard for you, it was also hard for me because I didn’t know how to tell you. But your aunt and uncle found out the truth about you. They saw the contract between the Royal Family of Spain and your parents so they tried to contact the Royal Family to have an agreement. You know that your aunt and uncle are greedy, right? They asked for a huge amount of money in exchange for you. Of course, your father agreed so he gave the money but they asked and asked for more. Almost everyone in that household already knew that you aren’t their real niece because they kept on receiving money and they weren’t even cautious about it,” kuwento ni Venice.