THE FORBIDDEN

Carson

"Baby, why is she here again?" she whined like a fucking child. 

"You go in, I'll come back in like 5, ok?" she smooched off him again. Just so annoying!

"Well, sorry about that."

"Yeah you should be, you just ruined my perfectly fine morning."

"But you made mine better by just showing up." I cringed at his very lame pick-up lines. If it wouldn't have been for the company, I would have kicked him in the nuts by now.

"Ok, so why did you call me here?" he sighs and says "I can give you 40% of Pearls and Homes." I sank into my seat. I'm not here to bargain about this again. "We talked about it yesterday. I'm having 50%. You can't change your decision now." I'm not giving up this time, this is enough.

"I never agreed to it. It was you who proposed this idea and I discussed this whole thing with my team and they decided that 50% won't benefit my company in any way that matters." He sighs and observes me carefully and if he's calculating my moves. I guess he's trying to think about this decision all over again. I sit there waiting for him to initiate the changes and he does as he shits in his seat, "Ok then this is my final decision, we'll announce that I own 60% officially but you'll have 50% unofficially?" It wasn't fine but I could adjust for the time being. I nod and stand up, ready to leave. But he pulls me to him and whispers," Don't you want to know when we're going to marry?"

 I get a chill down my spine but I don't want to show him that he has this effect on me. His slow and warm breaths skim through my cheeks, down to my neck..."Stop, I don't want to know anything related to that, you can schedule it tomorrow for all I care." I stand up and walk towards the door when he calls me, "Hear me out, how about we go on a date tonight at 7?" I don't respond but walk away but I can hear his fading voice "I'll text you the address. I'll be waiting." 

I walk out and go to the parking lot when I get a call from a certain someone. 

"Hello." There is a long pause on the other end. "It's good to know you're still alive." I recognized the voice. How did he get my number? My nightmares, they are back.

---------

"How did it go?" Emily asked as soon as I got into my cabin but rather than answering her I rushed to the washroom. He is here, what does he want? "Carson, are you there?" I flinched at the sudden voice. 

She opened the door and entered inside. "He is here, Emily. He's going to hurt me again. He's in the same city as me, he's right here, I'm going crazy." I couldn't breathe, it was stuck in my lungs. "Look at me. I'm here, you're here, nothing's gonna change. He's not coming back. He's long gone, nowhere near you. You hear that, he's not coming back, not now or ever. You're fine. You need to understand that. Hmm?"

 I nod trying to breathe properly. "Now, breathe, you can do it, you've always done it, right? I'm here. All right?"  I was not in the sense to form any kind of word, so all I did was nod. 

I calmed down after a while. Emily sent me home and now I'm lying on my bed alone which is making everything more scary, with the constant fear of being on someone else's watch but I've got my cat which is enough to calm me down right now. I took out my book and am writing a letter to my mom.

Dear Mama,

I know it's been so long since I wrote to you. I sometimes wonder if you read these letters, I'm sure you don't but it gives me some kind of comfort thinking that you do. You always wrote these to me when you were pregnant. So, I just want to feel the same as when I read those, that you were with me and you're still. He's back, mom. In the same city as me, it is terrifying to think. It was always just you and me, he was nowhere near when we needed him when you needed him. I still like to think, he's the reason you met with this fate if only he could control that one night. I would trade the world to have a chance to slip back into time and save you. even after you were long gone, never did he once think of me as his daughter, all the memories are still with me as a form of nothing but nightmares.