𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

En başından başla

Sam pointed out, "They were best friends."

"Most violent crimes are committed by someone close to the victim."

"And how exactly did Jim slam Cal into a windshield with all the force of an 80-mile-per-hour crash?"

"Drugs, maybe?" Dean raised his eyebrows before Karina looked in the distance. She slowly shook her head while her eyes were closed. "Look, you know this ain't brain surgery, guys! Whatever it looks like, that's what it usually is. It's simple."

Dean looked over his shoulder at Sam and Karina after his comment,  "Simple. Right."

Sam suggested, "Right. If you don't mind, we'd like to speak to Jim Grossman anyway."

Dean and Karina were standing beside each other while Sam sat on the chair near the table. They all meet Jim who was questioned by them in his cell, "I was in the house when it happened, I didn't see it."

Karina advised him, "Trust me, pal, we believe you."

"Why would you? The cops didn't."

"We're not your typical cops."

Sam inferred from Dean's comment, "Please, just tell us what you saw."

"It's not what I saw, it's what I heard. Tires squealing, glass breaking. It was the car that did it."

They all raised their eyebrows at the approach, until Sam made sure, "The car?"

"I mean, I heard about the curse, but I just thought it was a load of crap."

Dean repeated, "Curse? What do you mean, curse?"

"The car. Little Bastard."

Dean and Karina's eyes went wide open with excitement until Dean asked as he was holding his excitement down. "Li-Little Bastard? As in the Little Bastard?"

Sam was confused as he looked at them between, "Wait, wait, wait, wait, what's Little Bastard?"

"It's James Dean's car. It's the one he was killed in."

Jim pointed it out, "Yeah, that's the one. Cal had been looking for it for years. I mean, hell, we both had. But he found it first."

Dean leaned closer to Sam while he spoke in his ear, "Oh, we are definitely checking this out."

Meanwhile, the trio was in an impound garage and there it was. The Porche Little Bastard awaits, including the bloody stain upon the windshield. Dean was walking around the car as he took the moment while Sam and Karina were watching him weirdly. Sam began to ask, "So, what, this is like Christine?"

Dean shook his head, "Christine is fiction. This-This is real."

"Okay." Karina squinted her eyes at the car while Sam exchanged looks with her before looking at Dean. "Enlighten us."

"Well after James Dean died, his mechanic bought the wreckage, and he fixed it up. And it repaid him by..." He clicked his tongue as he hand-gestured, "... falling on him. And Tony McHenry was killed when it locked up on the racetrack. I mean, death follows this car around like exhaust. Nobody touches it and comes away in one piece."

"Hmm."

"Then, in 1970, it vanished off the back of a truck. Nobody's ever seen it since. I'm telling you, guys, if this-if this car is Little Bastard, I will bet you dollars to donuts it's what killed the guy."

"So how do we find out?" asked Karina.

"Cal matched the VIN number, but the only real way to know is the engine number."