Chapter 19: 10x sweeter than candy

"Faces will lose their sense of self in due time, becoming but faithful servants of their shadows."

A huge noble man speaks in his low voice.

"Then shall shadow and unite as a complete being." He said then adverts his gaze to the side.

"In that sense, it calls into question the methods of Edward's debut."

"It's a mistake to have shadows be friendly with their face."Ryan the noble man speaks, holding an Emilico figure piece.

He then raises hand to the wooden Emilico figure piece.

"Faces are meant to be taken." He said as he used his soot to seep up to the figure until it was completely covered up to the neck leaving the head.

He sits back on the couch.

"Having faces rescue their masters creates an emotional bond and encourages them to think for themselves." Then he throws the piece back at the laid down map as the soot goes to the bottom of the piece quickly.

"Is it not important to promote loyalty?" Dorothy the noble lady said.

"However, a debut that could cause them all to fail is quite a risk." Dorothy said.

"Quite the experiment." Butterfly noble lady said.

"Some are showing signs of new powers blossoming. In that respect, Sophie looks favorably upon Edward." The butterfly noble lady said, who's now known as Sophie puts a hand up to her chest.

"Heh! Do you wish to mass produce Star Bearers?" Ryan said one hand on his hip whilst the other pose up as he states it in a 'as a matter of fact' way.

"No good will come of having them ponder matters to no avail."

"This means there are yet many possibilities here in Shadows House."

A booming voice echos out. The nobles all turn there attention to where they hear the sound.

There sat an enormous man in a white suit. Gold design embedded on the hems of his collar. The figure wears a gold masks with strands of small pearl(?) On it.

"What an interesting debut." The man said in his low and booming voice which sounds incredibly powerful.

Through the lens, we get a view of the one and only Edward. Playing the piano as note dances around him going up in a loop movement and going in a circle as the circle gets smaller as it goes up.

"Edward's methodology is revolutionary." The noble man wearing light green color said as he looks through the lens of the binoculars meanwhile Ryan stands near him.

"It will be difficult for him to judge swiftly."

"Bah! That Edward makes one's blood boil." Ryan said as he clenches his fist in an angered manner.

"He's rolled out quite the lavish performance. Is he trying to steal Ryan's thunder?" Ryan said shaking from being so mad at Edward.

Perhaps he might just will.

"No, no." Dorothy interrupted, swaying her hand right to left.

"However..." Dorothy said.

"That was uncalled for." Dorothy looks back at the butterfly noble lady, Sophie.

"The union of bodies is this house's great secret. It was foolish to do so where the candidates might see."

Aileen who's around the corner thinks to herself.

𝑬𝒅, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅.

"Aileen!" Dorothy exclaimed.