Chapter 15: only

"Mistress Y/N has been here before." Doll looked at the little soot bear looking thing. It motions to further in and jumps to Doll.

Doll opens both her hand and the bear becomes a key.

"Hmph, genius." Doll smirks and runs in the direction that the bear showed her.

"Now it speaks in some language but-"

Suddenly a mist of black smoke hits Doll in the chest.

"Urgh, ark!" Doll drops her stuff and starts clutching her shirt collar.

𝑾-𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔?!

𝑰- 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐-

"Gak!" Doll spits out black liquid from her mouth.

"A-agh! I- have to get to Mistress-"

Doll starts coughing loudly while black liquid spills out of her mouth.

It seems to move away from touching Doll's dress or face but Doll is still coughing them out.

𝑵-𝑵𝒐. 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒀/𝑵! 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘... 𝑾-𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔?!

After a while a puddle of black liquid sits in front of Doll. It then moves itself and forms a dragon-like shape before freezing itself slightly then falls in front of Doll.

𝑰𝒔- 𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓..?

Doll was exhausted. Thankfully Doll moves the veil in front of her face away when Doll was coughing out the black liquid.

Then something like a black mist hits Doll's torso. Not as harsh as the other one.

"W-wait. Is it-" Doll embraced herself for the impact but nothing came.

"W-what.?" Doll touches her body for anything that seems out of place.

"Phew, at least... It didn't hurt me."

Collecting her stuff, Doll sets them in her bag. Including the box.

"The map they gave me is more complex than the other map. It seems too big."

Doll picks out the map and walks in the same direction as before.

On the way Doll met Shaun.

"Eh, what now? Wait. Why is Shaun on the ground?" Doll muttered to herself quietly. Not wanting to let Shaun know of Doll's presence.

"The magnifying glass was a smart move! Maybe I can pinpoint my master's location." After saying that Shaun went back to looking at the map.

𝑮𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎...

𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒎𝒆...

Doll walks past him as quietly and elegantly as possible. Because Doll is the face of Mistress Y/N.

As Doll walks past him a little, Shaun looks up and there Doll is. Walking near him. They made eye contact at that moment.

It felt like time stopped itself.

Everything seems to flow slowly and everything seems peaceful.

𝑶𝒉... 𝑯𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒆...

Doll sulk mentally but at the same time. Doll felt a presence. At that moment in time.

𝒀𝒆𝒔. 𝑺𝒖𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚.