"But... Kanae!"

"Kagome, you have to focus! Find the skull and destroy it. I promise I'll be fine," she spoke firmly; her little sister was still unsure about leaving her here alone fighting the demon, but in the end, she agreed.

"Okay... but be careful, please."

"I will, now go," she gave her sister a quick glance before turning her focus back to the annoyed female demon in front of her.

As this was happening, Inuyasha hopped with Kagome over to where the demon's weakness was supposed to be. Now only that demon and Kanae remained.

"What the hell are they going to do!?", The demon yelled angrily seeing Inuyasha and Kagome approaching where the thing Kanae had entrusted them to destroy was.

"I won't let-", Before she could finish, Kanae appeared in front of her at incredible speed.

"You should pay attention to me," she spoke as she made a quick cut to the woman's chest.

At that moment, something shimmered, it was a dim glow, but it was there. There was something tucked under one of the demon's suit sleeves. Before Kanae could wonder what was so shiny, the woman counterattacked.

With a backflip, she dodged the sword that was being controlled by the hair strands coming to the left, Kanae had to move and think fast before the hair strands hurt her, Kagome, or Inuyasha.

'I have to cut them!' With this thought, she took a deep breath.

She quickly dodged an attack coming towards her right as she prepared to attack. 'Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!' With that, she launched nine consecutive slashes with her sword, successfully severing the strands coming towards her and those heading towards Kagome and Inuyasha. Some slashes from the sword also cut the demon.

'It's still not enough...!' She thought, dodging a lock of hair coming from behind. Without giving the demon time to attack again, Kanae attacked, 'Sixth Form: Spinning Peach'.

"Are you a human?! How is a human able to fight like that?!", The demon yelled, dodging her attacks with difficulty. The woman's body was now badly damaged, apart from her left hand and her severed head, now she was missing a leg. Besides that, new cuts adorned her body.

Kanae wanted to end the fight as quickly as possible; she didn't want the demon to suffer more than it already did.

The plan was succeeding; the demon woman was focused on her. Just what she wanted, as long as the demon focused on defending herself against her, she wouldn't pay attention to Inuyasha and Kagome who apparently had already found what they had to destroy.

'... Okay, now destroy it before she realizes-'

"Kanae! We found it!", Shouted her sister, calling the demon's attention.

"Damn!! You are ruining everything!", the demon woman yelled, turning her back on Kanae as she sent a few strands towards Inuyasha and Kagome.