Interview with Jenny Pate

• How and when did you discover Wattpad?

I just finished After by Anna Todd in January and I read an article about her first writing on Wattpad,so I thought I would check it out.

• Where did you get the idea to write a book?

I've always loved reading and have so many ideas for books that I have written about in a notebook,that I keep. I was scrolling through Pinterest one day looking at tattoos and came up with an idea for my character Blaine.

• As a mother of 6 children, do you find it difficult to write chapters for the book and take care of the little ones?

Right now,five of them are in school.So,I use my free time while they are sleeping and napping to write.

• Was it difficult to create Aspen and Blaine?

It wasn't very difficult for me to write Aspen because we share so many similarities. I got my inspiration for Blaine from 90s heartthrobs and tattoos I loved on Pinterest.

• Are you morally similar to the main female character in the book?

I do think I share some of the same morals as Aspen,but on some things we are different.

• Do you like to paint like Aspen? Or was there something you wanted to add to her personality?

I love to paint,and I love to gift my pieces. I come from a long family line with artistic abilities. My kids inherited my love for art,so seeing it continue down the family line is awesome.

• If you could describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?

Empathetic,goofy and loving.

• What is it like to be a mother of 6 children?

Chaotic but I've always wanted a big family. My dad actually had 12 siblings and my father-in-law had 9 siblings,so we are used to big families.I love my kid's different personalities. It still surprises me how one kid can look like me but act like their father and vice versa.

• Will there be a series with the story of Aspen&Blaine?

I'm hoping for at least 3 books with their story.

• When you were younger, did you ever want to become a writer?

I actually didn't think about it until I was older.When I was young,I wanted to be a paleontologist.

• Can you give us a hint about what will happen next or in the next chapters with Aspen&Blaine?

A lot of love,then Aspen finds out a secret Blaine has been hiding.

• What s your favourite song?

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls. It reminds me of my husband every time I hear it.

Book written by Jenny Pate: