flirty kinks

Subscribing to horoscope emails didn't mean I could possess clairvoyance abilities for my day-to-day life

"Why are you going to Paris?" My voice threatened to break down.

"Work came up. Fancy meeting you here though!" Farhan extended his hand to me. As if we were that kind of acquaintance who loved each other's dire company. When in reality we were those arch nemesis who would let each other bleed and die.

I shook his hand. Like every other time. When I had to congratulate him on all those grand eves of beating me to the first position in every competition.

The smug on his face put me unease. Getting all the haunted vibes of myself, him, and the same city setup. The worry was I always lose to him. As if a hundred generations of his family have religiously put a curse on me.

"This is my boss," Yes, Kendrick signs the slips for R&A.

Farhan lifted his eyebrows as if it was weird to be seated beside your boss. "Kendrick Rabello." He introduced himself before I could conclude.

"Farhan Zaidi. It's my pleasure to meet you!" Kendrick took in Farhan's stretched hand. Shaking hands, he pulled Farhan towards the side of his seat.

"Let's not make trouble while here." I could feel the chills in Kendrick's voice. As if reprimanding people was his second nature. I was as flabbergasted as the man being threatened. Why would Kendrick warn someone when meeting for the first time?

Was I so obvious with my enmity with him? Far stretched.

"The cart shall pass." Closing my eyes, embarrassed, I chewed the side of my cheek. He let go of Farhan's hand. The food was here, and he did order a Mimosa for me.

"Really?" I asked when Farhan was gone and our food was served. Pointing at the orange liquid in the glass. "What's life without a dose of unexpected flavors?"

I quirked my eyebrows up in questioning. He let his head fall back into the headrest and gave a straight tight lip face. Although his eyes were dancing in all smiles. A few black strands fell below his eyebrows.

Gah! How could he be so charming?

I might have to get a heart check-up done at this rate.