date and dash

"Excuse me?" I responded rather defensively

"Excuse me?" I responded rather defensively. Come. Him. A scandalous combo to think about too.

"I am really sorry to interrupt. But Miss Saniya, we are having a little problem with your car. One of our other guests is parked behind you."

My face must be painted in perplexion. You guessed it!

I didn't park any cars. I don't own a car.

I was about to point that out when the strangers' smile fastened into a hard line. His fingers tapped impatiently on the edge of our table. Now that I am seeing it from a closer view it was a rose gold watch.

Never looked so better on a man's wrist and his cufflinks were of Reverie's logo. Four petaled Violets. The daydream flower. Somehow that was enforcing the trust me vibe.

Even though knowing that he was mistaken , I began my own play. "Can't it wait till we are done with our dinner?"

"I wouldn't have disturbed your time if it weren't inevitable." I couldn't say his tone implied anything rude. I believe hotel staff are usually trained to deal in peace with parking situations.

Taking a breath's break, "Okay...let's get it done then." After a thorough thought I further added, "so that I could get back soon."

I gave a not-so-sweet smile to Jeet.

I was glad I didn't throw that wine because now I have planned this whole escape in my head. Thanks to whoever parked at the wrong spot. "Thank you for your cooperation."

He must be a hotel employee. Maybe a manager. But the watch said that he might be at some executive position. Then again my judgment of a corporate world is in the well's limit.

Carefully I got up from my seat and started to move when the hotel manager reminded me to grab my most important thing. "You wouldn't want to forget your keys."

Now I could sense a hint of sarcasm dipping his voice. As if he saw my earlier misery. Not only the vibration and turn on. But also my uncomfortable date so far. Who knows since when he has been watching!

Very well.

Seizing the opportunity I grabbed my tiny purse. Fortunately my phone is already on my other hand. Following his lead we passed a few chatter at other tables. Filled with families, friends, lovers and all strangers to me.

His impressive height might have to do something with his very quick walking. Heavy on breath I managed to catch up with him with extra efforts of my legs. "Umm...actually I.."

He didn't look at me when he replied. "I know." Instead he picked up a menu near the reception desk and handed it over to a manager coming our way. "Twenty Three. Anytime now." He informed him and continued walking. While I was still reeling in I know.

Did he know that I was turned on earlier? Or, is this still about the non existent car?

"Then why?" I tried my luck with the car case.