19 - the way of water

Mulai dari awal

"Get it the fuck together Ivy" she whispered and started paddling forward, desperately looking for signs.

In the distance she heard something, she gasp, it was voices, her hope replenished and she relied on her ears to direct her to the voices, the current worked well with her and she twisted and turned through the maze of the demon ship, just hoping it was a friend and not a foe

The voice got louder as she neared, when she recognised it she broke out into a pleading screech "LO'AK!?"

"Ivy!" He immediately called back, his voice echoing through the watery chambers "Ivy—Ivy where are you"

This was the last stretch, she took a deep breath, continuing to paddle forward, cut, harder, harder, she speeded up.

Lo'ak, Lo'ak, Lo'ak..."Lo'ak!" She tuned the corner, he was there.

"Come on come on" he held his hand out, his heart dropping when he realised how exhausted and injured she was, even more so than his father, she could barely keep herself afloat, perhaps it was the blood loss from her shoulder that was making her this  drowsy, she could feel the warm liquid seeping out of the glad wrap.

With one last final push she reached Lo'ak and he pulled her forward, examining her wound, her eyes were drooping "no no no Ivy stay awake please stay awake" he begged.

She must of underestimated the wound on her shoulder "Ivy come on please" she clung to a large pipe, continuously loosing her grip, her slices hands were weak but her legs were weaker and could no longer kick.

She noticed Jake across her, energy depleted, blood trickling down his forehead, she groaned in pain from her hands, white spots danced in her vision "please guys, slow your heart rate down"

"Lo'ak—"

"Slow it Ivy" he begged and looked back to his father "breath from here" he placed a hand on Jakes torso, Ivy raggedy and pained breaths echoed through the hallways as she tried to control them.

"The way of water has no beginning and no" Lo'ak started serenely.

Ivy let her eyelids flutter closed, focusing on the sound of his voice, she was going to live, for her parents, for Lo'ak.

"The sea is around you and in you"

She wasn't letting Harriet off that easy, she was going to keep fighting, she was going to fight for Tuks childhood, for her own childhood.

"The sea is your home, before your birth and after your death"

She was going to see the forest again, she had to, she was going to swim in the rivers and fly her Ikran through the floating mountains, she was going to climb the trees so she could watch eclipse and feel the morning breeze.

"The sea gives, and the sea takes"

She was mustering up all her energy, she was going to brea the surface, she wasn't going to let the sky people win, they had taken enough from her.

"Water connects all things, life to death, darkness, to light"

She was going to live so she could see the stars again.

The water was getting higher, Lo'ak turned to Ivy, both of their heads upturned taking in their remainder of air, her turned to Jake "dad you can do this"

"Help her" Jake nodded to Ivy who was barely staying afloat "help her Lo'ak I can do it"

Help his own father or help the girl that he was utterly head over heels for?

Lo'ak swam over to Ivy, her shaky breaths were becoming more shallow and the blood from
Her shoulder was still threatingly pouring out, he almost laughed at her attempt to wrap her wound, she'd never been a good healer, she'd done it completely wrong.