CHAPTER 10 » SUPPORT SYSTEM

Start from the beginning

"Surprise!" She cheered carrying a big box carefully into the room with a Lavender bouquet resting on top of it.

"What's this?" I asked, curious with a smiled etched on my lips.

"Everything we are going to be consuming for the next four hours." She answered, dropping it on the bed, at my feet and she stood there smiling brightly at me.

"Four hours?" My eyes widened, "Don't you have work?" I questioned. The emergency room is always busy and here she is dressed in casual and visiting me.

"Today is my off." She answers, pulling a chair to sit beside me, "I called Hana to ask about you and she told me you aren't feeling so pretty at the moment and you had a rough night." She blinks, looking at me seriously.

I could only nod like a guilty child.

"You know you are very beautiful right?" She asked, getting up to open the box and she brought out another small box that was in a blue colour and handed it to me. "Open it." She directed.

I did as she told, opening it carefully and the smell of a cake hit me but not just any cake, it was my favourite. Velvet cake.

Bringing it out of the box gently, I placed it on my laps and seeing what was written on it which made me teary and emotional.

For The Beautiful and Strong Ione.

Was what was written in a stylish font on it, I returned my gaze back at this angel in human form, staring at me softly. I couldn't utter any words because my heart was filled with various emotions but most importantly, I was feeling loved. By her.

"Ione," She called, grabbing my hand, "You are very beautiful, in and out. And I am not saying this to make you feel good like a friend should but because it's the factual truth." She says so softly, using her other hand to my pat my hand in her hold, "If I wasn't crushing on two hotties, I would definitely be crushing on you. The fact that you still look attractive in this new look and current condition, is amazing because you are an amazing woman. And you should feel good with yourself especially when you have seven men that showers you with it." She finishes, sitting down again.

"But that's the problem," I said in a low tone because I really need to share my troubles that kept me up all night, "I am feeling more insecure because they've not really been here and been keeping less contact lately. I can't help but feel sad." I tell her.

"Babe, these men dotes on you like you are a rare gem that must not get lost, they love you, or don't you believe that? Are you having doubts?" She quizzed.

I shake my head 'no'.

"They love me, I know that but why did they all of a sudden get so busy that I can see them like before, not even one. Tae came last night but left hurriedly, saying he was tired and I believe him but I still don't feel right with everything, I don't know...it's just unlike them." I expressed.

"It's not comeback season so they shouldn't be that busy but if they say they are and they can't make it, maybe they really are or have they given you any reason for you not to believe them?" She asked with a creased forehead.

"They haven't but I can't fight this annoying feeling." I answer, feeling angry at myself for my thoughts.

"It's okay to feel insecure with what you're going through but I want to believe all is fine with them. In the meantime, I am here for you." She grinned.