Chapter 6: Sickness/Truth?

Sylvia's POV

The next morning I woke up to something or someone's embrace, I tried getting up but failed when I felt Y/n pulling me back down, there was also something else, my body felt heavy like a bunch of rocks are stacked above me, my joints hurt, I could barely open my eyes, my throat felt sore and my nose felt clogged, I groaned at the feeling which made
y/n wake up.

"What's wrong V?" She asked, voice laced with sleepiness.

"Ngh, I don't feel well, my throat feels sore and my body hurts" I managed to say

"*Yawn* stay here, I'll go get something" she got up and disappeared somewhere downstairs to get me a glass of water and medicine to make me feel better while I stayed on the bed and took a short nap.

Once she came back I felt her shake me gently to wake me up to take the medicine, I then slowly opened my eyes as my vision took its time to adjust to my surroundings.

Once I fully woke up she handed me the medicine along with a glass of water, I took it and drank it in one go as I swallowed the medicine.

"Whoa, slow down Vic!, Stay in bed I'll take care of you today" normally I would be a blushing mess but I just don't have the energy right now, after taking my medicine she let me go back to sleep, I just feel so tired.

"Thanks, I appreciate it, also I'm sorry for waking you up a while ago"

"No problem, also no need to apologize, this happens to all of us" she said with a smile, she was about to leave but I manage to grab her wrist.

"Wait, stay, please?" I felt stupid for begging her to stay but I couldn't care less right now, I just want her embrace.

"Alright, I'll stay" she climbed back to bed with me while I snuggled against her chest for comfort.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked, pulling away a little, just enough to look into her purple eyes mixed with blue.

"Sure, what is it?"

"My name is not really Victoria"

"What do you mean?, if your name is not Victoria then what is it?" I saw confusion dance in her eyes as I think about the next words to tell her, it made me feel bad about lying to her this whole time.

"It's...... Sylvia. Sylvia Sherwood, that's my real name"

"...."she said nothing as those words slipped from my mouth, is she mad at me? Does she hate me?

"Do you hate me for lying?" I asked, desperation laced in my voice.

I heard her sigh before she said, "I'm not mad at you, I'm just surprised, so should i call you Sylvia from now on?"

I felt relieved that she wasn't mad, I would have curled up into a ball and never talk to anyone again if she suddenly left me, because.....

A yawn was heard from y/n as she looked at me tiredly, but other than tiredness I saw something else, was it love?

I shook my head slightly as I scoot closer to her warmth as my eyes begged me to rest, my body pain was still there but it was numbed by y/n's warmth

A few hours pass and i felt her shake me gently again to wake me up to take my medicine as I felt her leave her side of the bed to get my medicine and make me something warm to drink to help my throat while I sat there and waited for her to come back.

Once she was done I saw her holding a cup with hot liquid and another pill for my body pain, i took it and slowly drank the hot liquid which I assume is tea, it felt nice and warm against my throat as I downed its contents after a few minutes.

Once I was done I thanked her for doing all this and received a warm smile as a response for my kind words that made me forget what my role in all of this is.

Loid's POV

Meanwhile, at Loid's workplace, I had been wondering why Sylvia hasn't been showing up for work, it wasn't usual for Sylvia to not show up for work, she's usually really punctual and early which made me worried, so i told my co workers that i'll be stepping out for a while and assigned someone to take over temporarily while I'm gone.

I grabbed my coat and took the elevator up, wearing my usual cold and neutral expression on the way out.

Once I'm out, i immediately went at the direction of Y/n's apartment to check up on Sylvia, my curiosity is getting the best of me and I'm already kicking myself for giving in.

Once i arrived, i pounced on a window nearest to y/n's room to give me a clear view of what's going on.

There, I saw Sylvia sitting up having a chat with Y/n about thanking her, it made me more curious as to what's going on, for a moment I swear I saw y/n look to the direction where i was, luckily I managed to find a spot to hide as I saw her avert her gaze again and turn back to Sylvia.

'what's y/n's relationship with Sylvia anyway....I might have to ask her once she comes back to work again, I'm sure she won't mind me asking, hehe'

I stayed there and watched them for a while longer before going back to work and leaving them alone, maybe it really is not my business to pry.

I shrugged my shoulders and came down from the window to go do my business somewhere else.

Y/n's POV

I squinted my eyes before averting my gaze back to Sylvia, was I imagining things? I swear I saw a person, maybe I should ask her later, she might have seen it too, but I could be wrong, maybe I just need more rest.

After a while of chatting with her, I sat down the bed and snuggled against her chest for warmth, she was surprised for a moment before wrapping her arms around me, maybe her guts are right after all, maybe she does love y/n.

Sylvia's POV

Maybe I do love y/n, maybe...she feels the same for me, my heart beat increases when ever she's around me, she somehow makes me feel safe, like nothing else mattered, but what if I'm wrong, what if she rejects me.

A cough ripped its way out of my throat interrupting my thoughts I felt her pull away slightly as she looked at me with concern as my chest heaved at the end of my cough, it hurt to breathe at the moment but I managed to regain air and regain my breath.

She laid me on her lap out of instinct as I felt my body burn and my eyes water from the sudden cough, looks like I'll be here a lot longer than I planned but I didn't care a single bit, all I want is y/n's presence at the moment, she made me feel things I hadn't felt in a long time.

I looked up at y/n with a weak smile as I felt my eyes close slowly while she grabbed some locks of my strawberry blonde hair and starts playing with it, making it harder to keep my eyes open.

Eventually I gave in and let sleep take over me as I felt her leave me for a moment and carry me to the bathroom to give me a nice and warm bath.

Once we were done I felt her put a towel around me as she searched her closet for some clothes that I could wear, after a while she dressed herself and removed the towel wrapped around me before putting on some clothes on me.

Then I felt her join me to bed as she laid both me and her against the soft pillows of her bed, how can I not fall in love with y/n when she takes care of me like we've known each other for years.

At midnight while sleeping, I instinctively reached for her hand while she snores quietly, is this the start of something new?

A/n

My heart bursted when I wrote this chapter, after this I might make them confess their feelings for each other.