18 - rage and regret

Start bij het begin

Her gun immediately raised firing like she never had before, because she literally never had before, she pulled a new knife off a body and in the brief second she could she counted five more and rolled behind another container, this one on the ground, she clicked her gun "fuck fuck fuck" she was out of bullets.

She'd noticed how much of a slope the sinking ship was on now, she only had a couple more minutes.

She threw it down, clutching her knife with her unsliced hand, she counted to three before racing forward to the wall and springing off it it, the sky people had gone to the other side and had their backs turned on her.

She lodged the crimson covered dagger into one's back and brought the body up using it as a sheild from the bullets which it was showered in.

She swung the now dead body forward with so much strength it knocked two of them down, she seized the last one up and slit her throat, the other two tahy had been knocked by the body were scrambling to get up, but she swung the sliced dead body at one and knocked him down again.

Propelling herself off the ground she raised her hands high before driving the knife down into the man's chest, blood poured from his mouth and he gurgled.

Nineteen down, one to go.

She stared down, heaving intensely, gazing into the man's glossy eyes, suddenly her head snapped up alarmingly, she noticed the man she'd pinned under the women with the sliced throat was gone.

She slowly rose up, her savage eyes darting around the place "come outtt!" She sung out laughing.

She twirled her knife between her fingers, stepping over and between bodies, she was hunched, a sick and twisted smile pulling on her lips "you can't hide forever!"

BANG!

She swung around to see the last human, a gaping whole in his chest standing directly behind her, his gun fell to the ground with a clang that echoed and he spluttered and fell to the ground, revealing Lo'ak choking on air behind him.

"Lo'ak!" She called dropping the knife from her bloody hands, she'd never been so happy to see him.

He ran forward to her "fuck fuck fuck fuck Ivy jesus I thought you were dead oh god" he spoke quickly.

Exhaustion was taking over Ivy she let Lo'aks hands rest on her waist and shut her eyes draping her hands over his shoulders, in that moment, pressed up against him she felt safe "I'm sorry I'm so sorry I wasn't thinking I—"

"It's fine it's fine" he breathed, her nose pressed against him, she didn't want to let go, she wanted to leave far far away from those war with him.

"Lo'ak I see you" she blurted out, it was in the heat of the moment, her mind was so jumbled from the last hour, this morning everything had been normal, it had been a normal day, how things change so quickly?

"I see you Ivy" he told her back, her ears perked up, she didn't expect him to say it back, she pulled her nose from him, her large eyes sparkling.

Nobody has ever told her that, her mother was unfamiliar with the phrase, and it wasn't used that much by the Veytanikans so her dad never thought of it, she had never heard those words directed at her before.

Everything was felt so right, but at the wrong time and place, Ivy was about to urge Lo'ak to run, tell
him the boat was sinking and they were too vulnerable out in the open, but when Lo'ak kissed Ivy all her worries melted away.