Chapter 12: Coincidences

En başından başla

"Uh...I'm not sure..." It was Sabrina's first time cohabitating. So was Jayden's. 

"You can take the master bedroom and I won't enter it without permission unless necessary. We can figure out the rest as we go?" Jayden suggested. 

"Sounds good to me, Sir. Thank you for being so considerate." Sabrina appreciated that Jayden was doing his best to make her comfortable. 

"It's what I should be doing. If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to knock on my door." Jayden carried Sabrina's luggage to her room, leaving it in front of the door. 

"I will, thank you Sir." Sabrina didn't know what else to say. 

~

"How was your first night as a married couple?" Alex teased as they met Jayden and Sabrina online. 

"Get to the point, Alex." Jayden chided.

"We got a slot with the broker for you two at 1pm. I'll leave you two to decide what story you want to spin but make sure the broker doesn't notice anything amiss. I'll send you the address through text." Alex briefed. 

"The goal of Operation Innocent is to apprehend the syndicate as fast as possible and ensure the safety of all the children. I'm leaving you in charge, Jayden." Det. Torres reminded. 

"Yes Sir." Jayden and Sabrina saluted. 

"So...what story are we telling later?" Sabrina looked at Jayden. 

"Uh...how about this? We've been married for 2 years and realised that we can't have children because of medical issues so we're looking to adopt." Jayden suggested. 

"Sounds good. What will our occupations be? What about our financial situation?" Sabrina followed up. 

"You're good with computers so maybe a programmer? I'll be a fitness trainer and a owner of a gym. Assets-wise, we're middle-upper class? Thanks to investments we do on the side?" Jayden responded. 

"Okay..." Sabrina nodded. 

"Good afternoon, Mr and Mrs Rivera. I heard that you are looking to adopt?" The broker smiled at Jayden and Sabrina. 

"Yes, my wife and I really want a child but are unable to. We were hoping that you'd be able to help us?" Jayden wrapped his hand over Sabrina's shoulder. 

"Oh, may I ask why?" The broker took a seat. 

"It's my fault. The doctor said there was something wrong with my reproductive system...I felt so guilty but she was so understanding." Jayden explained. 

"How did you know about us?" The broker got straight to the point.

"I know you value confidentiality and we don't want to get our friends into trouble. Just say we have our connections. Right, dear?" Sabrina answered as she looked at Jayden. 

"Of course, love." Jayden smiled at Sabrina. 

"Then I'm sure you've heard about the prices from your friends?" The broker confirmed. 

"Money is not an issue for us. We just want a child." Sabrina nodded. 

"Since we seem to be on the same page, let's not waste time. Any specific child profile you are looking at adopting?" The broker took out his notebook.

"Why don't you tell us about the children you have?" Jayden returned the question. 

"You guys are amazing..." Alex was hearing the updates from Jayden and Sabrina after their initial meeting.