Chapter 4: The Butterfly Mansion

The devil hunter awoke to find himself lying down in the middle of an unfamiliar room. He tried to recollect his thoughts. What happened? How did he end up here? Why was he comfortable? He examined the object he was lying on. It looked like a hospital bed. And upon inspection of his body, he found himself wearing different clothes. His forearm was also covered with bandages, probably because the Fox Devil decided to eat some of his skin again. And that was when he remembered everything that previously happened. His arrival in this world, his fight with Mukago and his talk with Ubuyashiki.

After recalling everything, he concluded that he passed out upon being carried by the two masked demon slayers and is now at the so-called Butterfly Mansion. Looks like Ubuyashiki was telling the truth when he said he'd let him live to see the "Final Selection." Aki obviously didn't know what that was, but he assumed that it would be a very hard test. After all, this is how the Corps selects demon slayers for their cause. Though the devil hunter was confident with his current abilities, he felt like it would be better if he learned some more techniques to increase his chances of survival.

He tried to get up, only for the pain to come back. It hurt like hell. Were his injuries that serious? Perhaps he was too used to the more modern medical technology of 1997. After all, the world he was currently in was set 79 years in the past. Japan had only recently underwent industrialization thanks to threats from the United States, and The Great War was probably still ongoing in Europe. Technology such as heart rate monitors and defibrillators didn't exist at this time. And he highly doubted that a traditional-looking place like this had x-ray machines or blood pressure monitors.

Annoyed Girl: What the-?! Hey, you're not supposed to get up yet! Lie back down!

Aki looked at the doorway and found four girls. The most notable one was the one with an angry expression on her face. He assumed that she was the one who yelled at him to lie back down. She was a young girl of average height, with deep blue eyes that faded to a lighter blue at the bottom, along with white rectangular pupils, straight black hair with a parted fringe, and twin-tails. She wore two blue butterfly clips to keep her twin-tails in place. She wore the Demon Slayer Corps uniform with the addition of a white nurse dress on top of it, with a blue sash around her waist. Her uniform was tinted slightly blue. 

She was accompanied by three younger girls, all in nurse uniforms, that possessed what looked like black dotted eyes. The first one had her hair in low twintails fastened with blue butterfly clips, with a blue ribbon tied around her uniform. The second one had shoulder-length black hair with thin bangs framing her face, along with two pink butterfly clips on each side of her head, with a red ribbon tied around her uniform. The third one had her hair parted in the middle with two braided twin tails tied with green butterfly clips, with a green ribbon tied around her uniform.

 The third one had her hair parted in the middle with two braided twin tails tied with green butterfly clips, with a green ribbon tied around her uniform

Image Credit: たく。on Pixiv (ID: 104979834)

It didn't take a second thought for the devil hunter to assume that these girls were in charge of taking care of him. To avoid angering the annoyed nurse even more, he immediately lied back down.