Chapter 3: The Demon Slayer Corps

Before Aki could speak further, he felt something restraining his hands. He tried to struggle but it ended in vain. His hands were tied by a rope, and so were his legs. He was currently in a pitiful hogtied position, laying flat on his stomach on the hard ground. The devil hunter also felt stinging pains all over his body, probably from the fight with Mukago. What the hell happened anyway? What's more, he could make out six figures in front of him.

Muscular Guy with White Hair: He's awake... About damn time.

The devil hunter, whose eyes were still blurry, looked towards the direction of the voice. His eyes cleared and he was able to make out the man's appearance. He was a very tall, broad-shouldered, and muscular man with lightly-tanned skin and white hair. His hair is of an uneven length, the longest strands reaching his shoulders, and is styled with three more notable, shorter clumps arching up to fall as bangs between his eyes and on either side of his face. He has quite thin, maroon eyes that appear to slant inwards, each with one long eyelash flowing to the far side of his face. He wore a sleeveless and dark turquoise straight-lined black jacket with gold buttons along with a wrap of burgundy cloth around his calves with his tattsuke-bakama pants tuck in, and white-strapped zōri. He also wears two thick, golden rings around his upper arms and what appear to be a pair of finger-less blue gloves, secured around his middle finger with a band of white and his wrists with another set of thinner gold rings, this time with two on each side. As well as this, he sported a white head-wrap that covers his hair, leaving only a thin ponytail visible to fall behind his head from between its layers, which is adorned with a large headband of pale gray that's decorated by six light pink gemstones, three large and arranged in a line, and three small and arranged in a triangle to the far left. A chain of smaller, pale blue gemstones hangs from each side of this headdress, framing his face, and he also wears what looks to be red eye make-up around his left eye, consisting of alternating large and small dots that run inwards, towards his eye.

 A chain of smaller, pale blue gemstones hangs from each side of this headdress, framing his face, and he also wears what looks to be red eye make-up around his left eye, consisting of alternating large and small dots that run inwards, towards his...

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Image Credit: ぽに(つばつん) on Pixiv (ID: 98484419)

Aki: Where... am I?

Woman with Butterfly Haori: Your current location is of no concern to you, sir. As for your purpose, well, you are to be put on trial.

The young man froze after hearing the words of the woman that knocked him out earlier. Trial? What for? Was this a custom practiced by the Japanese people during the early 20th century? Or maybe... maybe it was because of his ability to command devils? After all, his abilities were witnessed firsthand by the woman, so it's not absurd to assume that this was the reason for why he was being put on trial. Anyone would think that you're some kind of witch if you're able to summon a massive fox and a two-headed skeleton.

Man with Flame-like Hair: I say that we prove this statement of yours, Kocho! We should have this young man summon these monsters and see what happens from there!