52) Jealous Amu

Arjun's Point of View

*****

I tucked my palms inside my pocket and caressed my nape. I was already nervous and I don't know how to handle this forward. I thought the most difficult thing in this world is being a leader powerful enough to handle all the deaths, cries and wails. But no...Confessing your feelings to the opposite person without offending them, making them scare away, or making them ruin your friendship- is the most difficult thing in the world.

Here I'm standing in the hallway of our mansion waiting for Amrita to arrive. I still don't know how I caught feelings for her. She was indeed an attractive woman. But there's something about her, which had dragged me to the extent and brought me here. I have no idea how to express what I feel for her. I wish aadi and amu were here. Atleast I would have felt better about myself.

"Hey sorry I'm late"I heard her voice. I looked up and my breath paused for few seconds. She was looking extremely elegant in that blue frock which I designed. Suddenly I felt so proud of my skills.

 Suddenly I felt so proud of my skills

Damn.

"Arjun...where are you lost?"Amrita waved her hands and i came back to my sense

"Um- nowhere. You look- beautiful Amrita"I said and she smiled.

"You look amazing too"she said. I was wearing a white shirt with a formal black blazer and pants.

 I was wearing a white shirt with a formal black blazer and pants

"Thank you"I said, nervously tapping my feets in the floor.

"I just informed aunty that we would be late"she said.

"Oh okay. I already told mom that I'm taking you outside. So shall we leave?"I asked.

"Yeah sure"

I led her outside. The car was waiting for us. I opened the door for her and she smiled, slipping into her seat. I drew a deep breath before slipping into mine. The driver started the car. Amrita kept looking outside the window. I whipped my kerchief and wiped the sweat off my neck.

"Are you okay?"she asked making me startled.

"Yea-h ofcourse"I said

"You look really off the edge Arjun. Is something bothering you?"she asked. I wanted to jump outside the door and scream.