"Oh, no, it's too cold on the dance floor," I laughed, shaking my head as I lied when, in fact, it was making me feel hot on the dance floor, I lifted my sleeve and covering my shoulder with the rhinestone strap.

"OK, done!" her friend said as she backed away, giving me a look and a heartfelt smile, "You're so beautiful," and she kept her lipstick in her bag.

"Uh, thanks?" I returned my gaze to myself in the mirror. Yeah, that's too much red.

"Now, go give your man a sweet tender kiss on your big day," she says as she checks her hair in the mirror.

"Oh?" I laughed hesitantly, trying not to recall that dream in my head, which made my cheeks flush.  I grabbed another tissue paper in order to reduce the intensity of the red.

"Happy birthday, babes!" she winked and squeezed my arm before walking away with her friend, who said, "Have fun!"

And someone yell, "Birthday sex!" from outside the restroom.

Okay, what the fuck, that was so random, but it's true that meeting girls you don't know in the restroom who are so supportive and fun to get along with for a three-minute meeting is the funny and best thing ever.

After I watched them exit the restroom, I placed the tissue paper between my lips and pressed it repeatedly until the shade of red changed to a more natural rather than the bright-too-much-red.

I walked out of the restroom and squeezed my way through the dancing crowd to our table, and when I got out, Rexha and her friends had disappeared.

Wait, what?

I went looking around the venue but couldn't find them.

Where did they go?

Okay, this isn't funny.
I pushed my way back to the dancing crowd, continued looking for them because I couldn't find them anywhere.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Did they just left me here?

"Excuse me, ma'am. I saw your friends left the table and did not return to pay the bill," the receptionist said as their bouncer blocked my path to the exit doorway.

"What?" I frowned and winced, my vision becoming even hazier due to the bright party lights hovering over my eyelids.

"Do you intend to pay this bill?"

"I," I stammered as I searched the crowd for Rexha and Stephen, who had disappeared. I returned my gaze to the receptionist, who pursed her lips in annoyance at my stammering.

Fuck, I would pay the bill but I forgot my wallet in my dorm. I managed to smile and scratch my nape while plotting an escape in my mind even though I could feel the bouncer staring down at me.

A waiter abruptly interrupted the two, saying, "Let her go!"

"What?" the receptionist questioned, as we couldn't hear the waiter over the loud music, and all I could hear was that— someone had paid my bill?

I wasn't sure if that's what I heard, but I'm glad I got away when the bouncer was distracted by the interaction between the receptionist and waiter. I swooped through the crowd just past the bouncer, and he caught me, so I hurriedly hid myself from the oncoming crowd. "It's fine! Let her go!" demanded the receptionist.