Wrenching Hearts Open By Crowbars

Chapter 7: Wrenching Hearts Open by Crowbars

-x-x-x-

8man's Journal, October 20, 2035

Woke late, fell asleep wearing glasses and was relieved to find them undamaged. Was wearing clothes from yesterday. They smell. Have no time for laundry but felt uncomfortable asking anyone else to do it for me. Komachi will tease me, Keika-chan will probably ruin them by mistake and asking Saki Kawasaki is out of the question. Feel too embarrassed to have her wash my clothes and underwear. Not happening. Hence apply deodorant and cologne. They don't mix together. Bothers my nose and give away my position when tailing someone.

Troublesome.

Felt killing intent upon noticing Taishi Kawasaki this morning. Not unnatural but lately those have been less and far in between. Today a butter knife looked like a good murder weapon. Of course he sensed his impending doom and gave me a questioning look.

Took out my handkerchief, rubbed it over his white shirt collar and showed him red lipstick marks. Like an idiot he looked at Komachi for help and gave away his partner in crime. Komachi was about to receive another lecture. Been a while since she had one. Maybe should try again, explaining her about the bird and the bees. Would be painful for both of us but she really needs to retake those lessons. My advance towards Komachi came to an unfortunate halt when Saki Kawasaki moved in front of her. She shielded her from me and gave me a look that clearly spoke of divine retribution and righteous fury. She was smiling a rather cruel smile which bore acute resemblance to mine. This is wrong. She is copying me and making me soft. She is supposed to be on my team, older siblings preserving innocence of their younger siblings. She gave Komachi the 'talk' when she felt like she was ready to ride that slippery slope.

Pervert. Pervert alert. Should go kill yourself Hachiman. No this is Taishi Kawasaki. He got these ideas in your head, imagining his older sister in a police uniform, your police uniform.

...holding your gun, barrel in your mouth, tears in her eyes.

Good reminder. Felt comfortable getting back to my unlovable self hating and self loathing self. While Saki Kawasaki educated my sister, Taishi Kawasaki found himself learning only three important lessons from me. One was practicing abstinence, and then there were medical procedures involved in getting a vasectomy. Thanks again Shiromeguri-senpai for having us on such a short notice. And finally solving a police investigation where the murderer behind a string of killings was a scorned female serial killer who liked castrating his male victims, which in no way was sexist but a valuable lesson for piggish men to learn to respect women. Gave Taishi Kawasaki photos of victims to commemorate him solving such a tough case and watching him lose sleep over them made me sure he would never take advantage of Komachi and what they will have will be genuine.

Don't know what people think of my means and methods but I did something good. They are in a happy relationship. Taishi plans to marry her. He is just figuring out a few details like buying a suitable ring and a proper way to propose because any idiot can go down on his knees.

Other night when Kawasaki was waiting for me to return, she somehow lost her ring. It was a family heirloom, belonged to her late mother. Lights were on and she was looking for it everywhere and trying to be helpful I lend her a hand. She was thankful of course and she began searching for it under her sofa. She probably dropped it there, when she was fiddling with it. A bad habit of her. She takes it off her fingers and then puts it on again, something out of anxiousness and worry which then was directed towards me for not coming back early. Of course my way of apologizing was better than expected. She prefers actions than words and hence after calculating all possibilities, employing a fraction of my police skills and eliminating most places where she could have already looked at, common sense dictated me to search behind a heavy armoire. Budged it a little with my shoulders, then dropped on both knees and found it quite easily without even trying to overexert myself.