Chapter 77: The Marriage of Éowyn and Faramir

Start from the beginning

"I knew that. I just haven't seen you for a few minutes." I say laughing also. I hear Faramir chuckle at that, and I look to him. "Come here you." I say opening my arms for a hug, which Faramir accepts. We pull away from one another and I quietly whisper to him; "I know you'll treat my sister well. But just know if she ever gets hurt, I will be very mad, and won't hesitate to give you a right royal boot up your arse." Faramir looks at me anxiously but I just laugh and give him another hug. "Don't worry, you're a good man Faramir, and I trust you." I say pulling away. "Now don't forget, I'll be coming to steal Éowyn away for a couple of days in a few months to sort out her things for mine and Leggy's wedding. So don't be surprised when I turn up at your door with no invite and no forewarning." I say with a smile. Faramir nods and chuckles, as does Éowyn. Eventually I say my goodbyes to the two newlyweds and go off to say my goodbyes to Elrond as he would also be staying in Edoras for a short time.

Finally, I go to find Legolas and see him talking with Gimli, who looks to have drunk a bit more than he should've. But I just chuckle and go to stand with them until it was time to leave.

"Hello lassie. Looks like you'll need to change before we set off." Gimli says with a slight slur.

"Yeah, I know. But I'm honestly much too tired to do that right now. Plus, riding the wolves side saddle isn't really that difficult." I say with a light chuckle as I lean against Legolas. He lazily wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles my neck a bit. I giggle at the action and peck his cheek with a soft kiss. Legolas then proceeds to pepper my jaw and neck with little kisses, which makes me squirm and giggle. Eventually Gimli makes a loud huffing sigh and Legolas stops. I turn in his arms, only to come face to face with a very pink Elf Prince. I smirk playfully at Legolas, seeing that the points of his ears are also tinted rather pink. Then taking his hand in mine I begin to quickly lead the two of us outside and around to the back of the stables. When we stop Legolas looks at me rather perplexed.

"Meleth nín?" (My love) Legolas starts, but I quickly cut him off but gently brushing the tips of my fingers against his ears. The Elf instantly melts into my touch, and it's like a switch goes off in his head, for he immediately pushes me against the wall of the stalls rather abruptly, and proceeds to smash his lips on mine. The two of us are like this for a good five or more minutes until we are rudely interrupted by a guard who had been sent to look for us.

"Uh...Y..your highness?" He asks timidly as Legolas and I try to catch our breath.

"Y...yes?" I ask calmly.

"King Elessar has been asking for you. He was wondering if you and Prince Legolas are ready to leave?" The guard says getting a little bolder.

"Uh, yeah. We'll...we'll be there in a minute. Is Frost saddled up?" I say trying to clear my head a little bit and straighten myself out.

"Yes, your highness. Shall I go and tell King Elessar you are on your way?" The guard asks, looking between Legolas and I.

"Yes, that would be helpful. Thank you." I say as I straighten out my hair a bit more. The guard leaves very quickly with a deep blush still evident on his face. I can hear a few chuckles coming from inside the stable. I assume the other guards were laughing at the poor fellow who caught Legolas and I in a rather compromising state. I look us to Legolas who still has his head turned away from mine. I was confused as he seemed to be unhappy. His expression was stern, and he looked almost angry.

"Legolas?" I ask quietly, cupping his face with my palm.

"You should not have done that meleth nín." (My love) He says calmly, still not looking at me. I turn his head gently so that he does.

"What do you mean?" I ask still feeling rather puzzled.

"I should not be angry with you; you didn't know what would happen." He says letting out a sigh. He still was not making eye contact with me but I needed him to explain.

"Leggy, please tell me what you're talking about. I don't understand." I say calmly.

"Elves ears are very sensitive meleth, and when they are touched by our melethron, it sets off something in us. We can lose control of ourselves, and be drawn in by the lust we have for our significant other. And when it comes to situations like ours, where we must wait to be with our one for so long, that feeling, that loss of control becomes much stronger." Legolas explains calmly, finally raising his crystal blue orbs to meet mine.

"I'm sorry Leggy, I didn't mean to. I won't do it again. Your ears just look so cute when they're all tinted pink." I say with a little smile. Legolas chuckles and kisses my forehead.

"It is alright meleth nín, I forgive you. And you may do it again if you wish, but not just yet. Although you did help to alleviate that growing feeling of want a little, we should wait until we arrive home. There is still a long journey to go through yet, and there are plenty of nights in which I wish to lay beside you peacefully under the stars. And I know that you wish to spend as much time with our friends as you can, so do not wish away the time we have with them now too quickly." He says, placing a kiss once again to my forehead.

We then quickly look ourselves over to make surewe look presentable and head around to the entrance of the stables. Everyonewas already mounted and were just waiting for Legolas and I, which was a little embarrassing, but it's not the first time that we were late to the group, andnor would it be the last as we continued our trek through the lands of Rohan, comingto the broken fought of Helms Deep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted to take a little moment to give you some info. So I have once again started up with Uni, and as my classes will be using up most of my creativity and energy, uploads are gonna be a bit slow. I'm so sorry to be doing this to you guys again but I only have this year and the first half of next year to finish off my uni degree. I am still gonna try and persist with my plan to have this fan fic finished by the end of the year even if it may take some time. I really want to get into doing regular uploads, but it all seems a bit too much with uni right now, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

But in other news, I took my first-ever driving test this week and passed!

Anywhosie, I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and as always, much love, from the Author.