All to Action | Jung Wooyoung (bodyguard au)

"You're telling me this cheeky bastard is my bodyguard?" You glared at your father who only raised his hands in surrender, "You're just decreasing my lifespan."

"Oh, come on, I'm not that bad!" Wooyoung, the said bodyguard, reflects your actions as he glares at his boss, "Are you not going to tell your daughter why you appointed me?"

"My dear," your father turned to you after motioning Wooyoung to calm down, "You know how dangerous it has gotten for you these days. Either you fly to the island for a breather and leave work to me, or you continue to work and have Wooyoung by your side. It's one of the two."

"But why him?" You cleared your throat, your chin still up as you said, "Surely someone else would have been fine as well."

"Yeah, that's what I said," Wooyoung was suddenly in your team now, "It's not like I was dying to work with you of all the people here."

Your father shook his head in amusement, "I have 8 guards that I trust, and one of them is Wooyoung. It could have been someone else, yes, but they're all working on more important things-"

"More important than your daughter's life?"

"Do not interrupt me," your father glared at you and you were reminded that even though he had a soft spot for you as his only child, he was still your boss. He was everyone's boss, being the leader of this mafia gang. "I gave you the best. I don't want to deal with your temper tantrums. Out of my sight, both of you. I have work to do."

"Yes, father," you saluted in sarcasm, motioning Wooyoung to follow you so you could work things out with him-

Which meant figuring out just how you two were going to tolerate each other.

You stared at Wooyoung, arms folded, as you tried to sort your thoughts out while he scanned you as if judging you. You rolled your eyes, letting out a frustrated groan and opening the door to the terrace and sighing as you peered over the city from your high rise apartment. Wooyoung joined, taking out a cigarette and offering you one, which you gladly took, putting it in your mouth and he lit it for you, lighting his own.

"Fate has a twisted way of playing with us, don't you think?" Wooyoung blew the smoke dramatically, and you scoffed.

"Very. I mean... out of everyone, it had to be you. Not that I hate you, but you know you're one annoying, loud, dramatic-"

"Yeah, you love me," Wooyoung scoffed back, "I was working fine as your father's bodyguard. Why did he have to assign me to you, a pain in my ass-"

"Yeah, we both have it bad," you interrupted, "Honestly, I wish it was Seonghwa. He's wise, mature, pretty hot, everything you're not-"

"Why is it always Seonghwa?" Wooyoung laughed, "Come on, you still have a crush on him?"

You glared at Wooyoung, "And Seonghwa wouldn't be nosy unlike someone here."

Your little crush on Seonghwa was something like a joke now- since you had grown up around the 8 men your father trusted his and your life with, you knew each of them enough. As kids, you were always attracted to Seonghwa, perhaps because of how mature he was. But with Wooyoung? You two were either crime partners or fighting with each other- there was no in-between. It was why you could say you didn't exactly hate him- hate was a strong word- you just didn't think you two could work together. With him as your bodyguard and shadowing you everywhere-

"Okay, so are you gonna be my shadow or do I have to worry about you as well, when we're out?" You turned to him, deciding it was time you get serious, "Because I'll only be worrying about myself."