Chapter 4

Sorry it took so long guys! Computer was messing up so bad, but it's here so relax ;)

Enjoy! Comment, Vote, Tweet, Like!!

Chapter Four

-Lily-

It felt like forever since breakfast when I finally reached last class of the day, Defence against the Dark Arts. "Come in, come in children, and take your seats." A bubbly voice rang throughout the corridor from the door of the classroom. "Now I don't mind where you sit but if you misbehave prepare to be moved." The seriousness in her voice was hard to find, but I was sure she meant it. Taking a seat on the third row, to be careful she may seem nice but you don't want to be seated on the front row if she turns evil. The short dumpy woman from dinner was standing at the front of the classroom, although now she had removed the hat and her slightly greying hair was falling down the back of her deep sapphire robes. "Okay children, I am Samantha Scamander, I have been working as an auror for the Ministry of Magic for many years but felt I needed a break, and here I am." She perched on her desk and picked up her wand. "I am quite skilled and practised in the arts of dark arts and will take it my duty to teach you how to defend yourselves."

"Sorry I'm late..." I turned to see who was late; of course I hadn't realised Sev was meant to be here.

"Oh it's alright dear; don't make a habit of it though. Take a seat." Quickly glancing around the room I realised the only space was next to me. Sliding my bag off the chair I made a face that made it clear I didn't want to talk to him. The disgruntled look on his face told me he'd gotten the message. It was only now that I realised the slytherins were in this class too. Sitting down he gave me a weak smile obviously knowing I wouldn't return it. I'd told him if he sat with them again I wouldn't want to be friends with him anymore, but he took that as a challenge. He doesn't know the hurt I felt when I walked into charms to find my seat taken by that oversized brute. The seat I’d sat in for four years running... "Miss...?" Dropping back to earth I realised Professor Scamander was calling on me.

"Evans, Professor."

"Alright Miss Evans, could you tell me anything I’ve said in the last few minutes?" I shook my head; it wasn't like me to day dream. "Well if you'll please float down from that cloud you were daydreaming on I’ll get back to class"

"Sorry Professor"

"Alrighty then as I was saying, we will cover lots of magical beasts up until Christmas, then we will learn and practise spells against dark magic." A scrunched up piece of parchment hit my shoulder bouncing to the floor, carefully sliding it under my desk with my foot making sure Professor Scamander couldn't see. Taking advantage of her turned back I swiftly bent over and picked it up, unscrunching it I saw it was from James. What’s wrong Evans? Didn't you know it's our job to get in trouble not you? Typical James, catches everything and turns it into a joke. I scanned the back row for him, there in-between Sirius and Remus I spot his familiar grin. Rolling my eyes I gave him a smirk before tuning back into the lesson.

- Sirius -

"If you've quite finished making puppy dog eyes at Lily we have more important business." I was slightly getting annoyed at his love struck behaviour, we're meant to be the rebels and that was not going to happen with James stuck drenched in love potion.

"What important business?" What important business? It's like I don't know him anymore!

"We have to plan our attack, for our back to school prank." 

"I dunno we've done it every year so far Filch knows it’s us he'll be on the lookout."

"That what all the planning is for, are you seriously saying you don't want to do the back to school prank?"

"Yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying." Getting slightly annoyed now, I started to raise my voice.

"Who are you?" He looked at me startled, raising his voice to match mine.

"What do you mean?"

"Boys boys boys, am I interrupting you?" Yes as a matter as fact, Professor you are!

"No Professor, Sorry Professor." Sorry? Seriously James I don't know who you are anymore.

"Good because I won't have troublemakers in my OWLs class, we will be all hardworking students." Yeah right...

- Lily -

I wonder what's happening back there? James and Sirius never raise their voices at each other and I’m sure even the merpeople in the black lake heard that. For a slight second I actually forgot it was our OWLs year, after hearing it all day I was glad.

“Now after that interruption, back to our lesson.” I’d rather not, professor but I suppose we’ll have to.” Now then children who’s heard of a Erumpent?” Glancing round very few had joined me with their arms raised. “Now deary me only four of you? That’s terrible what have you been taught these past four years?” Nothing obviously professor, only the intelligent students like me who study hard and read in their free time know anything extensive about magical creatures. Even those who are studying Care of Magical Creatures this year. I knew to keep my mouth shut, not to speak terribly about other teachers. Sirius however didn’t.”Nothing professor, we haven’t been taught anything worthwhile”

“I’m guessing you are Mr Black?”

“yes Professor who told you that?”

”I was just warned about a young rebellious boy who normally sat at the back ranting.” Got it in one, PM guessing McGonagall.

”I wouldn’t say ranting, but the rest is true”

“Well are we able to get back to our lesson now Mr Black, or are you not finished?”

“I’m done” he smirked; obviously thrilled she didn’t react to his insolence like other Professors do.

Throughout the lesson, while the rest of us were copying down detailed descriptions about an Erumpent and its body parts use in potions, Sirius continued to try and annoy Professor Scamander. Although failing he seemed quite determined to continue next lesson.  

“Did you see her face when i charmed that piece of paper to dance an Irish jig in midair?” The other three nodded while pushing him out of the door to the common room. “She’s bound to crack sooner or later.”

“Hopefully not later mate or you have no hope in passing your O.W.Ls” James clapped him on the back in amusement, his gaze drifted over his shoulder to me. He winked and chucked a piece of parchment in my direction. Opening it i saw three words.

Common Room 1am.