Twenty Seven

Days passed and Colby decided to grow up and ask Ivy for dinner, but he was struggling to even ask her in the first place. Ivy was staring at him confused while he stuttered making it hard for her to understand.

"Wait um, do you...wait no." He said grabbing his hair in frustration "Fuck."

Ivy looked at him "Colby?"

"I can't do this." He said frowning

"No it's fine, take your time." She said being patient with him

She could tell he was nervous about something but she was struggling to figure out what due to him not being able to finish a full sentence.

Colby took a deep breath before looking at Ivy embarrassed "Will you go out for dinner with me?"

Ivy smiled widely before nodding "Like a date?"

"If you would like that then yes." He said fidgeting

She smiled while blushing "I would like that."

~~~

"So what did you have to tell me?" Katrina asked as they walked around the mall

"Colby asked me out today." She said

Katrina stopped walking before looking at her friend "Seriously!"

Ivy nodded her head "It took him forever to ask me."

"He was that scared to ask?"

Ivy nodded as they started walking again talking about Colby as they went to different stores for the rest of the afternoon.

"Wait, when are you two going?"

"I don't know, he never said." Ivy looked at Katrina frowning

"Well you gotta ask him if you want that date."

The two girls laughed as they walked back to the car, throwing their bags in the back before starting their drive back home.