Sixteen

Ivy took a deep breath as she parked the car of the side of the road after seven years of living on her own she was back at the house she grew up in.

Seeing the car in the driveway she knew someone had to be home which also meant someone would have to let her inside.

It was all for Petal.

Getting out of the car and walking up the porch steps felt familiar to her when she was younger. She knocked on the door hearing people talk from the inside and the door swung open.

"Oh it's just you." The guy said

Petal raised her eyebrows he must be new.

"Um is my mother home?" She questioned

He slowly nodded before letting her inside Ivy followed the older guy into the house till they stopped in the living room seeing Ivy's mom sitting on the couch.

"I told you not to answer the door Josh." She said staring Ivy down

"She's your daughter Melissa."

She must of told her new boyfriend everything.

Her mother sighed before looking at her daughter again "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to check up on Petal, she hasn't answered my messages and neither have you. So what's going on?" She said

"Petal went on a trip with a friend they'll be back in a few days."

"Then why wouldn't you tell me that? I deserve to know also, and yet it hasn't explained on why she hasn't been answering me."

"Ivy it's none of business, I told her where she was didn't I?"

"You're ridiculous mom." Ivy frowned before leaving

~~~

She frowned when Colby didn't answer his phone again and she kept feeling bad everytime she called her texted him.

She just wanted someone different to talk to not that she minded talking to Katrina, who also wouldn't answer her phone.

But why would they answer her, they were off exploring different things and doing things that other people don't do in their everyday lives.

But yet she just wanted someone to talk to.