- prologue

Tired.

One word that could describe what Kaede is currently feeling. She lay down on the floor of their dance studio and did not care if it is cold. They've been practicing for their next comeback and she and her other members are giving it their all even if it is only practice. And them ending up like this every after practice.

"Our schedule is packed. Take a rest then prepare yourselves." their manager, Hosik caringly handed them their face towels and bottled water before leaving the room to prepare the van that will take them to the studio.

"I can't feel my limbs." Woochu, their maknae, stated.

"Me too," she added followed by Miwa's agreement.

"Me three."

"Well, you need to drag yourselves now and wash up. If we want to take a rest early today. Let's make sure to finish this early," Soumi read the timetable that their manager handed her earlier, "We only have the guesting left. Come on, girls. Let's go, let's go."

Knowing that they only have one left to accomplish from the schedule. The three pushed themselves to stand up and wash up the sweat from their practice.

Before they could even leave the practice room. A producer called them.

"Girls! Wait! Thank god you are still here!" The producer's eyes landed on the person he is looking for, "Maple, you are being called into the meeting room."

The members and Kaede exchanged looks. She told the girls to go first and that she will come later. Then she followed the producer.

Her heart is beating so loudly. Trying to think if she did something wrong that might danger her friends. Or did she get into trouble or some sort of scandal that she can't think what suddenly emerged from who knows where— her thoughts are running wild even when they reached the room. She mentally prepared herself and silently prayed that it is not trouble.

"She is here. Please take a seat." after greeting the Director and the people with him in the room. She politely sat down and started fidgeting under the table.

"This is Shunsuke Sato-san, a Director from Japan, and Yasuko Kuramitsu-san." after all of the introduction their Director did not waste any more of time, knowing that the girls have a schedule for this afternoon.

"I'll straight to the point. Sato-san here has a proposal for you."

Shunsuke Sato then spoke, "We have a new series currently in production. It is about the people trapped in an abandoned Tokyo forced to compete in a dangerous game."

"We saw your outstanding performance playing your part in the Deadly Games and we came here to personally invite you to be part of this production." Yasuko Kuramitsu added.

She could not believe what she is hearing. A year ago, she accepted an acting role and her first-ever television role in the Deadly Games. It was a nerve-wracking but unforgettable experience. Even though she is not part of the main cast. She loved her role of being part of the supporting cast. She does remember saying that she would want to do it again if she has an opportunity.

And right now, that opportunity is standing in front of her.

"It is not a main role but we believe that your addition will complete the whole series."

She doesn't really care if she will get a supporting or main role. After all, an experience is still an experience that will become a memory. She looked at the director with excited eyes. He could see the eagerness of the girl.

"Well, do you want to do it?" Kaede nods her head shyly.

"If you accept this. You will be filming in Japan and that means you cannot promote with your group here in Korea." of course, she is aware of that. That is why she knows what to reply.

"I would like to discuss this with my members first," she looked at Shunsuke and Yasuko before she could even ask. The two already agreed.

"Feel free to take your time. The filming will not start yet until every actor who accepted their role frees their schedules for the filming dates. You don't have to rush your decision. But we can only give you a week to give us your reply."

"That is plenty of time. Thank you so much!"

After that, the Director let Kaede go ahead with her next schedule on the list. She met up with the other members in the agency's cafe and spotted them right away. They all turn at her with worried looks.

"What happened?" Soumi asked the moment she reached them. Kaede looked at how eager and also a bit scared the members are. Being called into the Director's office is indeed a big thing and probably has shaken them up. Other than it might affect their group's reputation, she knows that the girls are genuinely worried for her sake.

"For starters, I am not in trouble," she said which made the girls breathe in relief.

"Then why did they need to call you in the Director's office?"

She could not contain her excitement and told the members the news with a wide smile.

"I got a proposal to be part of a Netflix series!" she revealed with an awareness of her tone that only the girls could hear.

Their reactions are priceless.

Miwa and Woochu stand up from their seat and happily jump at the news as if it was they who got a proposal. While Lixa is wide-eyed but you could see how happy she is from the news. And Irene is smiling so wide with a proud look on her face.

"Did you accept it, unnie? Did you? Did you? Tell me that you did!" Woochu started to shake her shoulders.

"I am planning to accept it but I want to let you guys know first. I might not be able that active in the group." The thought of not being able to promote, practice, and work with the girls worries her. She could remember how homesick she was during her first time filming for the Deadly Games. And it was not easy. She can still remember how she realized how she depended so much on her members that she misses their presence every time. 

"Kaede," Soumi called her and look directly into her eyes, "Opportunities like these do not happen to anyone. If they personally asked for you, that only means that you are made for the role that they are giving to you." 

"Unnie, at first it might be really hard. But believe in yourself. I am sure that you will fall in love with this too." Miwa added. 

"Grab the chance, unnie! Don't mind us. We will always support you no matter what!" Woochu cheered and Lixa gave her a hug. 

"Aigoo, our Maple." 

After hearing the opinions of the girls. Kaede then told them her decision. 

"I'll do it!" 

•••

This is a Nijiro Murakami fanfiction with my OC, Kaede Kaedehara.