Zayn and I are absorbed in mindless conversation about what we want to order when I hear footsteps approach our table. Cassie seems to be lost looking down at the iPad in her hand as she walks up to us, pressing away at the buttons in front of her. I stare up her expectantly, waiting for her to look down at me.

"Hi my name is Cassie and I'll be your server today," she says with her best customer service voice, smiling before finally looking at us and it takes a moment before a look of realization crosses over her features. "What can I— oh! Hey?"

"Hey?" Zayn scoffs looking at me with a playful look of offense, holding his hand to his chest. "That's all? I think we're entering into close friend status and yet all we get is a half assed 'hey?'"

"I can't believe we took precious time out of our day to come surprise you at work and this is the treatment we get," I roll my eyes but grin up at her as she waves our comments off.

"You both are in sufferable," she laughs and makes eye contact with me for a moment and I give her another small smile back. I swear I see the faintest blush on her cheeks when she looks away and back at Zayn to get his drink order.

As Zayn is putting in his order for a strawberry mimosa and Cassie teases him, I see them share a look. I almost missed it, I thought I imagined Cassie briefly looking over at me, but then Zayn wiggled his eyebrows and Cassie burst into a fit of giggles.

Are they back on?

Oh.

Whatever. It's cool. It's probably for the best. This way she's completely out of reach and I can go back to how my life was before she showed up. Her and Zayn can do whatever they want and I'll do the same. Better to just rip the band aid off. No sense in drawing it out, you know? I don't need—

"Harry? What do you want to drink?" Cassie snaps me out of my thoughts and I look back down at the menu trying to remember what I wanted.

"Just water," I nod to her and she rolls her eyes and bites down on her lip as she puts the order into her iPad.

"Come on man live a little!" Zayn bangs his hand down on the table. "Have a mimosa! He'll have a mimosa, just a classic."

"No, Cassie, no. I'm good with water," I grumble at Zayn, giving him a pointed look to stop being annoying.

"I don't know Harry, you seem like you want a mimosa," Cassie winks at Zayn and I fight the urge to reach across the table and smack the look off Zayn's face.

"Have you ever even had one? Dude they're the shit! Have I ever lied to you?" Zayn sighs dramatically, trying to give me puppy dog eyes. I look over at Cassie to see her looking at me with wide hopeful eyes and that's all it takes for me to cave.

"No I haven't," I say quietly, slumping my shoulders. "Fine, whatever. Sure."

"I'm going to make you the best mimosa you'll ever have in your life!" Cassie looks like a kid on Christmas, like she actually might start jumping up and down in excitement.

"Better make it good, pink haired girl."

Cassie skips off after letting us know she'll be right back with our drinks and to take our food order.

Zayn and I look over the menu for the next couple of minutes. They have a huge menu with just about everything you can think of. While looking over the menu, I keep looking up at Zayn, waiting for him to say something. I don't know what I'm expecting, just some sort of confirmation that him and Cassie are back to seeing each other. You would think as his brother he'd at least mention it.

Then again, we never really told each other before who we were seeing and any sort of details of our love lives. But this is Cassie. This is different. I should know this.