He did for a while until he got bored, he suddenly got an idea and tried to surprise Yassen throwing a kick which unfortunately Yassen catches as easily as he caught the punches.

After that Alex tried to be as unpredictable as he could, throwing kicks and punches in a random sequence, while the assassin caught them all with ease.

If anyone were to watch it seemed like they had previously agreed and trained the sequence, but Alex knew that wasn't the case, not even close.

For Alex, it was almost as Yassen was mocking him, especially when he blocked all that Alex threw at him while still giving tips.

"Quicker" he had said when he threw a punch and try to surprise him with a kick after that.

"Harder" he ordered when he threw a fist

"rotate your back leg"

"I know that" Alex almost shouted

"then why aren't you doing it"

Alex was getting frustrated, he wasn't supposed to manage to hit Yassen, that wasn't the point of the exercise, hence the pads that were attached to Yassen. But Alex was trying to catch him unguarded, and 'accidentally' punch the assassin.

All that could be heard was the sound of flesh hitting the pads, and the deep exhales from Alex. It was all he could focus, he didn't hear anything more, the only thing he saw was Yassen in front of him. He didn't even know if the other class was still there.

After a while Yassen took a step back lowering his arms. It was over. Alex straightens up lowering his defence.

"The objective wasn't trying to hit me, little Alex" Yassen said as if he found amusing Alex try and failure

"I wasn't trying to" he responded still breathing hard.

"Right. Well, you have to work on some things but overall, you're not bad." Yassen stated "drink water before we continue" he trusted a cold water bottle in Alex hands.

He opens the bottle taking a few refreshing gulps of the cold beverage, until then he didn't even realize his throat was dry, so the cold felling was welcomed.

When he was done, Yassen had already returned although this time he had his hands wrapped. 'Shit' Alex thought, he was screwed.

"You're done?" he asked. Alex was tempted to say no, but he has already drank the whole small bottle was empty.

He put the bottle down, nodding slightly "this time try to land a hit on me" it was the only warning Alex got he watched the assassin get in position.

He understood the message, and once again prepared himself. He clenched his fists hard feeling the cloth tighten around his skin.

Alex had taken down guys bigger than Yassen, all of them had undervalued him and that had cost them in a fight. Yassen on the other hand was a trained assassin, one that knew what Alex could do. Out of all people Yassen would be the one to not undervalue him.

All that time neither of them had attacked, Yassen was waiting for Alex to make the first move, but the boy seemed to have his head in other places.

The assassin got tired of waiting. Alex didn't even see it coming, suddenly Yassen lunched forward one hand pushing his left shoulder back and a leg swiped down his feet. He was on the mat. It was a simple Judo move, something that Alex shouldn't have been beaten with.

"Focus Alex" Yassen said when Alex got up.

This time Alex didn't wait, Gregorovich wasn't even in position when he attacked trying to catch him unguarded. But the assassin wasn't even fazed he simply stepped aside pushing Alex hand forward causing him to lose his balance.