"She'll want to see him first." Maria responded. "You can take Ms Cabrera though, another GSW, not as much blood loss." Celestia quickly shook her head. "I'm fine. I just need to sit down."

"But-" she cut the doctor off with a sharp look and a shake of her head. Maria nodded her head so they would follow her, and she lead them into a seperate room.

Fury was lying down on a medical bed, machines surrounding him. His head lifted up when he saw them though. "About damn time." He deadpanned.

A couple minutes later, the doctor was applying pressure to Nat's shoulder while Sam helped Celestia put the bandage around her thigh.

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, and one hell of a headache." Fury listed off his injuries. "Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor added on.

"Let's not forget that." Sam finished tying Celestia's bandage, standing up and patting her on the shoulder. She whispered a thank you to him as he walked a couple of steps away. "Otherwise I'm good."

"They cut you open. Your heart stopped." Nat said to Fury, annoyed but also wondering.

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse down to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it." He explained.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" Steve questioned, Celestia nodding along, also wondering. She leant back in her seat, awaiting the answer.

"Any attempt on the Director's life had to look successful." Maria spoke. "Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust."

A couple of (awkward and silent) minutes later, the doctor stood up from Nat's side and made his way to Celestia. "Are you sure you don't need me to check that out?" She sent a tight-lipped smile up at him, shrugging. "I'm fine. Thanks though." She wanted to say she had been shot before but decided against it.

**

They were now around a table, Fury, Maria Nat and Celestia sitting while Sam and Cap stood.

Fury was staring at a picture of Pierce. "This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said 'peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility'." He threw the picture down on the table before speaking again. "See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues."

"We have to stop the launch." Nat said.

"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." Fury spoke and Celestia chuckled. "Said their decisions were 'stupid-ass' one too many times, Fury?" Celestia chuckled while asking.

He ignored her, opening a brief case with 3 chips inside. "What's that?" Sam asked.

"Once the helicarriers reach 3,000 feet, they'll triangulate with insight satellites, becoming fully weaponised." Maria explained, turning a computer around.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting bases with our own." Fury also explained.

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die." Maria spoke once more.

"We have to assume everyone abroad those carriers is HYDRA. We have to get past them, insert these server blades, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage what's left-" Fury was cut off by Steve.

"We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down those carriers, Nick. We're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D." He spoke, leaning on the back of Celestia's chair.

"S.H.I.E.L.D had nothing to do with this." Fury responded. Steve gripped the chair tighter.

"You gave me this mission. This is how it ends. S.H.I.E.L.D's been compromised. You said so yourself. HYRDA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed."

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." He tried explaining.

"How many paid the price before you did?"

Fury looked around the room. "Look, I didn't know about Barnes."

"Even if you had, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalised that, too? S.H.I.E.L.D, HYDRA, it all goes."

Fury sighed. "He's right." Maria said.

He looked towards Natasha who leant back in her chair, giving her answer silently. He then looked to Celestia who just shrugged and nodded at the same time. He looked to Sam last.

"Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower." Celestia quietly laughed at that.

"Well.." He trailed off, sighing, before speaking again. "It looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain."

Celestia turned to look behind her a bit, giving his hand that rested on the back of her chair a squeeze, before she walked away to get some rest.

Over 600 reads! That's crazy. Thank you so much ♥️♥️
Also, it's my birthday tomorrow! So I probably won't update, but I'll try <3
Vote and comment if you want <3

necromancy | avengers 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें