Chapter 11: Orange (#F28500)

Start from the beginning

"You'll be in good hands, Sabrina. Jayden's one of our best undercover agents." Det. Torres gave Sabrina a pat on the back. 

"Why not me, Sir?" Alex protested after everything. 

"I need you for intel and to liaise with the informants. Plus, Jayden looks more expensive than you." Det. Torres added the joke. 

"Excuse me?" Alex gasped, making the entire team chuckle. 

~

"Good evening, Nurse Rose." Jayden greeted the lady. 

"Hi Jayden, here for Dr Tricia?" Nurse Rose knew immediately. 

"Actually, I'm here for all of you. We've got news on Kaela's identity." Jayden smiled weakly. 

"Talaga? Is it good or bad news?" Nurse Rose bit her lip. 

"Could I see you and Dr Tricia for a while?" Jayden needed to talk to the ladies. 

"Sure, I'll page Dr Tricia to meet in her office." Nurse Rose nodded. 

"Nurse Rose, you called?" Tricia asked as she opened her office door. 

"Jayden has updates on Kaela." Nurse Rose pulled out a chair for Tricia, who gave Nurse Rose a grateful nod. 

"Have you found out Kaela's identity?" Tricia was equally anxious. 

"We got news that Kaela's from Malaysia. She was reported missing from her orphanage in Kuala Lumpur 3 months ago. She's been in the orphanage since she was an infant but there's nothing about her family and her actual birthdate." Jayden gave Tricia and Nurse Rose a quick run down. 

"Oh...so she's technically here illegally?" Nurse Rose gasped. 

"Yes, but we've informed the immigration authorities about her status..." Jayden nodded. 

"Is Kaela getting deported?" Tricia had the same worry as Jayden. 

"Not for now. Sir managed to convince the authorities to place Kaela on a temporary visit visa based on the fact that she's a key witness to this case. The Malaysian authorities have also agreed to let Kaela stay on for now..." Jayden assured. 

"That's a relief...but what about her medical insurance and bills?" Nurse Rose wondered. 

"That's what I'm here to discuss. Neither country has raised an intention to sponsor her current medical fees. Is there a foundation or charity that we could request temporary support for?" Jayden broke the news. 

"I've been trying but many organisations currently only support legal citizens due to complications and fear of backlash..." Tricia had exhausted her options. 

"I hate to break it to you but the higher-ups did sent in a bill under Kaela's name this morning...Dr Tricia managed to get them to extend the deadline but it won't be for long." Nurse Rose interjected with a sigh. 

"For now, I've managed to secure a portion of our hospital's charity funds but this amount won't last Kaela for very long." Tricia agreed. 

"If there's not enough, I can fill the remainder." Jayden immediately took out his credit card. 

"Wow, you guys must earn a lot..." Nurse Rose joked. 

"Not much but it should be enough to foot a medical bill...at least I hope?" Jayden wasn't sure how much it cost. 

"Keep it for now, you'll need it soon." Tricia gave Jayden a smile. She still had a bit of money left. 

"Let me know whenever." Jayden listened to Tricia's advice.