𝒙. annoying little fly.

CHAPTER TEN ;
annoying little fly.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

JUNE 1972

Peter Maximoff is an annoying little fly.

That was the only way to describe him.

His silver hair pissed Layla off so much, to the point where she would prefer if he went bald.

Actually, never mind, bald Peter would be horrific.

But the fact that he is an annoying little fly won't change, especially now, when he was literally buzzing.

He had been sat behind Layla for an hour and a half just... buzzing. The sound was unbearable, so unbelievably unbearable. The brunette girl was very close to punching him in the face, and that wasn't an empty threat.

buzz

Layla's head whipped around.

"Peter, I swear if you don't shut up, I will literally throw myself of a bridge."

The boy raised a brow.

"Oh yeah?"

Layla nodded, an irritated glare resting on her face. Honestly, she doubted Peter had ever seen her without it.

"I'm not joking, shut up."

He didn't shut up.

Buzz

"Oh my god.." Layla groaned, smacking her head on the table.

She head Peter's irritating, smug laugh behind her, and that was it for her.

"Miss, can I please move to the front? I can't read the board."

Behind her, Peter wrinkled his nose. That was just a straight lie, as far as he was aware, she didn't have any issues with her sight.

He opened his mouth to object, but quickly stopped himself.

'Why would I care if she moves?'

"Yes, Layla, you can swap with... Sammy."

The girl grabbed her books and moved to the front, shooting one final glare at Peter. He stared back at her in bewilderment. 

"Hey, Layla" he whispered, trying to get her attention.

She ignored him, not even sparing him a glance.

The boy tried again. "Layla."

She ignored him still, staring down at her work, although a bit more frustrated than before.

"Laylaaaaa."

Finally, the girl turned around.

"No," was all she said, before she turned away from him once again. The boy huffed, leaning back in his seat. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Pandora staring at him, so he turned his attention towards her instead.

"What?" the blue eyed boy muttered, looking at her quizzically.

Rolling her eyes at him, Pandora looked away. 

"Shut up."

"He is so annoying I swear, he keeps- Oh my God, what is he doing." 

Peter rushed up to her, walking beside her.

"Hey Layla, Pandora." 

The girls shared a glance, before staring at the boy now walking with them. Peter stared at Layla intensely, as if he was reading all of her deepest, darkest secrets.

Obviously, he wasn't, because Layla doubted he could actually read.

"What do you want, Peter?" She finally spoke, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. Her hazel eyes bore into his blue ones, her stare being much harsher than it would if she was staring at anyone else.

Being used to her bluntness by now, the boy responded with ease, not intimidated by her tone in the slightest.

"Truce?"

That made the girl pause.

"I- What?" She asked, wondering if she heard him wrong. 

"Can we make a truce?" Peter repeated.

That was not what Layla expected. But, she responded straight away, without thinking. Something she had been doing a little too often over the last few months.

"Sure. Fine. Whatever." She rushed out, before dragging Pandora, who had remained silent, along the corridor and away from Maximoff.

.⋆.*ೃ✧

╭・ᘐ 𓂃 : message from eleanor!!

❝ we ignore my 2 year hiatus from this book! ❞