𝒗𝒊. silver haired weirdo.

CHAPTER SIX ;
silver haired weirdo.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

OCTOBER 1971

THE REST OF the day went by freakishly fast. Before she knew it, she was searching for Pandora so they could go to that stupid math club. Honestly, it was not exactly something she wanted to do. However, if it meant she wouldn't finally make at least one friend, she would go.

She searched the crowd for her, and when she finally spotted the dark haired girl, she made her way through the sea of students. It seemed her new friend had seen her too, and she walked towards her with a wide grin.

Pandora suddenly grabbed her wrist and began to pull her after her. Layla's eyes widened slightly, yet she followed anyways, smiling apologetically at every student her friend accidentally smacked with her large handbag. She was pulled into a small room she knew to be an old woman called Mrs Hunters class.

As she expected, the class was filled with weirdos. And that's not to say she wasn't weird, because of course, she was. But as she looked around, she saw kids that she had never even seen before. The brunette guessed that they either never came to school or spent their days hiding in the toilets.

Pandora tugged her towards a seat near the back and dropped her bags under the seat, leaning back and sighing.

"Sorry I dragged you to this, but it's like, so boring here." She said, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

Layla shrugged, kicking her bag under the table and sitting back down.

"Its fine, maybe showing up to this will get my math teacher off my ass."

Her friend laughed and opened up her notebook, before turning to look at Layla.

"Do you have any gum? My breath stinks." The girl asked, absentmindedly clicking her pen. Layla sighed and pulled out her pack, about to give the last piece, however, there was a sudden gust of wind, and when she looked down, the pack was empty.

What the fuck?

She looked around the classroom in confusion. Nobody was even sat near them.

"Uh, sorry, I ran out..." she mumbled, trailing off as she made eye contact with a boy a few rows in front, who was obviously chewing with a smirk on his face. It was the boy who had taken her gum earlier.

The girl narrowed her eyes at him, before turning back to her friend and smiling slightly.

"Alright everyone, get ready for notes."

-

"That was boring, never going again." Layla said with a laugh, pulling her coat tighter. The lesson went on for what felt like ages, and now they were finally out, they were going shopping.

Her friend grinned, spotting a shop with a big, neon sign on the front and dragged Layla inside.

"This store has like, everything! Come on!"

She wasn't lying. It was almost blinding in there, with racks of skirts, tank tops, jeans, anything you can imagine, really. The brunette girls eyes widened at the colours and patterns.