𝒗𝒊𝒊. beginning of the end.

CHAPTER SEVEN ;
beginning of the end.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MARCH 1972

THE MONTHS FOLLOWING her meeting Pandora changed her life drastically.

Since the two didn't exactly have any other friends (aside from Ollie, of course), they instantly clung to each other, not wanting to end up lonely again. In order to secure their friendship, they had bought matching bracelets, promising that they would stick together forever.

Although while she formed a solid friendship, it seemed she had created a rivalry as well.

Peter Maximoff, or in her words, the gum thief, had apparently made it his sole mission to annoy the fuck out of her. Whether he was kicking the back of her seat in class or "accidentally" bumping into her in the corridors, he was really testing her limits.

She let it slide for the first few days, however when she found her new tub of gum empty and heard obnoxious chewing from behind her in history, she lost it.

Since then, whenever he irritated her, she simply returned the favor. If he took her gum, she took his hat. If she knocked his stuff of his desk, he chucked paper balls at her.

The cycle went on and on, and the two's grades had been slipping lower, since they spent their math lessons trying to piss each other off rather than working. It had gotten to the point where Layla's usual C had dropped to an D, and Peter's B- had turned into a D-.

Due to their poor grades, and Layla's refusal to go to extra math, Mr Adley turned to his final resort, home tutoring.

On Monday morning, right at the end of math, he had asked Layla and Peter to stay behind. At first, the girl had attempted to escape, however after seeing the angered look on her teachers face, she decided not to make matters worse for herself, and walked to the front.

"I'm going to get straight to the point." He said with a glare, folding his arms over his chest threateningly. "Your grades are slipping. At this rate, you're not going to get anywhere in life - don't give me that look, Maximoff, you know its true - and as your teacher, it's my duty to make sure you don't end up jobless and on the streets by 21."

Layla winced slightly, messing with the sleeves of her sweater.

"Harsh..." she whispered, more to herself than anyone else, though it seemed Mr Adley heard it, as he turned to her with a steely glare.

"You have both missed extra math, and it has gotten unacceptable!" he shouted, before his gaze softened. "Listen, kids, you only live once, and I don't want you to - excuse my language - fuck it up. Now, what I'm about to offer you is something you can't decline, because it has been arranged with your parents already." He paused dramatically.

"It's called home tutoring."

The two teens instantly let out loud protests, promising they would up their grades, however Mr Adley put his hand up to silence them.

"Listen, I have a class waiting outside right now, but I'll explain quickly. Every Thursday evening, you will go to this address," he pulled out two small sheets of paper and handed it to them. "And you will complete unfinished work, homework and anything extra set by your tutor, a woman called Mrs Cooper. If you fail to attend, it will lead to detentions, and maybe even suspension. Any other information will be on the sheet, I have a class to teach now, so run along to your next lessons."