"He is going to bed and you and your friends are going home. Get dressed and clear off." Gabe knew he was being harsh but he had to cut through her drunken stupor.

Keeping a firm grip on Pods arm he half dragged him back into the house. He swiped at a control on the wall to cut the music as they passed by.

"The party's over folks, you can see yourselves out." He shouted as he led Pod to the stairs.

His announcement was greeted with groans and muttered curses, but he was pleased to see that the revelers had started to make their way out the door.

"Hey, why do you have to spoil my fun?" Pod whined as he tripped up the stairs.

Gabe swore again as he picked Pod up wrapping an arm over his shoulder as he practically carried him up the stairs.

When they got to his bedroom Gabe pushed Pod into the shower, he flipped the dial to cold and turned it on.

Pod shrieked and tried to cover his face with his arms but ended up just flailing around as if he was swatting flies.

"Ah man, turn it off it's freezing."

Gabe left the shower running for a few more minutes before switching it off and throwing Pod a towel.

"Dry yourself off and get to bed, we'll talk in the morning."

Pods attempt at taking his sodden jeans off had him slipping and sliding around the shower, so Gabe begrudgingly held onto him. Once he had a towel wrapped round his waist, Gabe led him over to the bed and pushed him down.

"You can be a real dick at times." Pod muttered as he slipped under the covers.

"Takes on to know one." Gabe replied as he left the room. He went back downstairs to make sure everyone had left. Once he was happy that the house was empty, he switched off the lights and headed up to one of Pods guest bedrooms. He pulled his phone out of his jacket before taking it off and noticed he had a text from Abby.

Did you get there ok? Did you find him? Xx

Gabe sighed as he read the text. He really didn't want to get into this tonight. He was tired from the drive and pissed at Pod.

Yeah I found him. I'll call you in the morning and explain. Xx

He hoped that would do for now as he placed his phone on the bedside table. He stripped down to his boxers and got into bed. He wasn't looking forward to his morning chat with Pod. He punched his pillow in frustration before settling down to sleep.

By the time Pod surfaced the next morning, Gabe had already cleared the kitchen of numerous bottles and glasses and was sat drinking coffee while he scrolled through his phone. He was checking to see if anyone had posted anything about the party.

"Since when did you become my fucking mother?" Pod growled as he went to make himself a coffee.

Gabe continued scrolling through his phone as he replied.

"Since you became a fucking arsehole. Oh wait. I'm sorry, you've always been an arsehole. My bad. You've just become a bigger one."

"What is your problem?" Pod shouted as he slammed his coffee mug onto the worktop, spilling coffee everywhere.

Gabe looked up from his phone and took in Pods haggard appearance. He stood barefoot, shirtless again, wearing a pair of faded jeans. His red eyes gave away the fact that Gabe was right about Pod using more than alcohol to dull his senses.

Stay - Book two in The Stormforce seriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara