Chapter 69: The Shadow of Ancient Era

Start from the beginning

Hussain immediately replied "How about the others? Are they okay?!"

"I'm still checking," Nam replied, his voice laced with worry. "Dave, help me out here!"

Two quickly went over to Nam and started to search for any signs of the missing team members. After a few minutes, he yelled out, "I found Edward! He's unconscious, but he's still breathing."

Hussain let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness. What about Zaini and Dane?"

"I'm not sure," Dave replied, continuing to search through the debris. "We can't find them anywhere. They might been blasted on the other side and buried under those rubbles, the knights left us too, we don't have any spare hands except ours."

Jamal, who had been checking the other side of the building, shouted out, "I found!? Zaini! Shit come on man! he's not moving, wait he's alive!" Zaini groaned in response, his arm clearly broken and blood seeping from a head wound.

Hussain nodded, "Okay, let's get Edward and Zaini out of here and to safety. Jamal continue to search for Dane, anyway, who's in charge now?."

"It's Nam, he's staff sergeant." Jamal replied, while taking debris out of the way.

"Any plan? Nam?."

"Find Dane first and then let's think for that for later."

As they talked, the ground beneath them suddenly shook violently, causing them to lose their balance and stumble, the group of SEADF personnel looked around in horror as a large sinkhole suddenly opened up just a few meters away. It seemed to swallow everything in its path, causing powerful tremors that reverberated through the city. Panic set in as people began to run in every direction like headless chickens, desperate to escape the danger that seemed to be closing in on them from all sides.

"We need to move, now!" Hussain shouted, gesturing for the others to follow him. They quickly gathered their disabled comrades and began to run, trying to keep their footing as the ground shook beneath them. The sinkhole seemed to be expanding rapidly, swallowing up buildings and carriages in its path. It was like a black hole, sucking everything into its depths.

However, the sinkhole stopped a few dozen meters away from them, they noticed that the tremors had ceased, but the sight that greeted them was far from reassuring. They saw an impressive 500-meter-wide hole that had opened up, not just in their area, but there were another four similar sinkholes that had appeared throughout the kingdom, and almost swallowed half of the country and riddled with faults.

"It stopped?."

"Watch out for the ground."

"Why did they built a city in the middle of this place?."

"Put Zaini and Edward to rest. Return back to that place, it's not been swallowed by that hole."

"There's something on the hole!."

They all strained to see what it was, and to their shock, they saw sleek, insect-like beings crawling up from the hole. These entities towered at around 5 meters tall and numbered around a hundred.

"Fuck it! What's wrong with this place? We got martian war machines now!" Dave cursed, taken aback by the sight.

Nam shook his head and replied, "Tch! Let's take position!."