Nightmare

Isabella tossed and turned in her bed, unable to shake the image of Jonathan's menacing laughter from her mind. She had won the fight, but she knew it was only a temporary victory.

As she drifted off to sleep, she found herself slipping into a nightmare. She was back in the haunted house, but this time it was different. This time, she was the one being hunted.

She could hear the sounds of creatures lurking in the shadows, their claws scraping against the walls as they closed in on her. Isabella ran, her heart pounding with fear, but they were always just a step behind her.

She turned a corner and found herself face-to-face with Jonathan. His eyes glowed in the darkness, his smile twisted with malice.

"You thought you could defeat me," he sneered. "But I am eternal. You can never escape me."

Isabella tried to run, but he grabbed her, his grip like iron. She struggled, but it was no use. He was too strong.

Suddenly, the scene shifted, and Isabella found herself in the middle of the town square. The sky was black as pitch, and the only light came from the flickering flames of torches held by the townspeople.

She could see the fear in their eyes as they looked at her. They pointed and whispered, their voices low and ominous.

Isabella felt a chill run down her spine as she realized what was happening. She was being accused of witchcraft, just like the women who had been burned at the stake centuries before.

"No," she screamed, struggling to break free. "I'm not a witch. I'm not like them."

But it was no use. The townspeople closed in on her, their torches held high. Isabella felt the heat of the flames, felt the fear and desperation rising inside her.

And then she woke up, her heart racing and her body drenched in sweat. She sat up in bed, gasping for breath, trying to shake the image of the nightmare from her mind.

But as she looked around her room, she realized that the nightmare wasn't over. The room was filled with a thick fog, and she could hear the sounds of something moving in the darkness.

Isabella knew that she was still in danger, and that she would have to be ready for whatever was coming next. She took a deep breath, steadying herself, and prepared to face the unknown terrors that lay ahead.