The Dark Stranger

Isabella pressed the button on the answering machine, her heart pounding in her chest. The voice that came through the speaker was deep and gravelly, sending shivers down her spine.

"Isabella, it's been a long time," the voice said. "I heard you were in Ravenwood. That's quite a coincidence, isn't it?"

Isabella's mind raced as she tried to place the voice. It was familiar, but she couldn't quite remember where she had heard it before.

"I have some unfinished business with you, Isabella," the voice continued. "Meet me at the abandoned factory on the outskirts of town tonight. Come alone, and we can settle things once and for all."

Isabella's heart sank as she realized who the voice belonged to. It was the dark stranger from her past, the one she had been running from for years. She had thought she had left him behind, but it seemed he had found her again.

Isabella spent the rest of the day in a daze, her thoughts consumed by the message. She couldn't imagine what the dark stranger wanted with her, but she knew it couldn't be anything good.

As night fell, Isabella made her way to the abandoned factory. The building loomed ahead of her, its broken windows and crumbling walls giving it an eerie feeling. She hesitated for a moment, but then took a deep breath and stepped inside.

The darkness swallowed her up, and Isabella's heart raced as she tried to see through the shadows. And then she saw him, standing in the center of the room. The dark stranger.

He was tall and imposing, with a scar running down one side of his face. His eyes were dark and cold, and Isabella shuddered as she looked at him.

"So, we meet again," he said, his voice cold and emotionless.

Isabella stood her ground, trying to keep her fear at bay. "What do you want?" she asked.

The dark stranger stepped closer to her, his eyes narrowing. "You know what I want. You took something from me, Isabella. Something I want back."

Isabella felt a wave of panic wash over her. She knew exactly what he was talking about. It was something she had thought she had left behind, but it seemed the past had caught up with her.

"You're not getting it back," Isabella said, her voice trembling.

The dark stranger's face twisted into a cruel smile. "We'll see about that."

And then he lunged at her, his hands reaching for her throat. Isabella screamed, but it was too late. The darkness consumed her, and everything went black.