Falling out of love...?

Start bij het begin

All your energy was gone.

You locked up the door, ready to distract yourself again; you didn't want to feel weak, even though you were. Unfortunately, things didn't go according to plan when you all of a sudden stumbled into Declan.

You looked at him, and he looked at you with a concerned look on his face, "Are you ok?"

You nodded, ready to walk past him; "You're a terrible liar," he pulled you back by grabbing your arm.

Declan was your childhood friend too, thanks to Mason. You saw Declan as an older brother, and the two of you would always be there for each other, no matter what.

You looked at him. No words could come out, but you didn't need to say anything. It was obvious you had cried, and he wanted to make sure you were okay.

"Let's go get some fresh air, come on," he put his arm around your shoulder and led you outside. You didn't fight back or anything.

"Talk to me; who do I need to punch?" He asked, acting serious which caused you to slightly chuckle.

"No one," you sniffled.

"Is this about Mason?" He asked. He definitely knew it was about him; he just had to make sure. You let out a sigh and nodded, but looking away from him.

"Did you guys have a fight, or is there something else going on?"

"I don't think he loves me anymore," you truthfully said, and that's how you felt right now. Declan felt like his heart had stopped—why would you think that?

"What are you talking about, Y/N? He loves you," he said, shocked that you were thinking the opposite.

"No, he doesn't," you shook your head determinedly, "We barely talk anymore. We live in the same house, but he's always doing other things; it's like he doesn't want to be with me," you explained.

"Y/N, you know that's not true, he's just going through a lot of shit right now, and probably doesn't want to worry you," Declan placed his hands on your shoulders to get your attention.

"What if he's tired of me?" You ignored what he had said and looked at him with fear; tears were falling down your cheeks again as reality hit you. You and Mason had known each other your whole lives; of course there would come a day one of you would get tired of each other, even if you didn't want to believe that.

"I'm losing him, aren't I? Someone else is going to take him away from me," you broke down in tears. Declan had never seen you cry, especially not over Mason. In his eyes, you and Mason were the drama-free couple, always goofing around and joking with each other, you didn't even look like a couple sometimes, because no one ever saw the vulnerable and romantic side of the relationship even though it was there in secret. You had never been worried about anything, and yet here you are, worrying Declan with all your thoughts and crying.

"You are not going to lose him, Y/N; I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for it all." He had pulled you into a hug where you could feel safe and cry all you wanted.

You and Declan stood there for a while, with him comforting you and convincing you that there was nothing to worry about.

"Want me to take you home?" He asked softly.

"I think I need a drink actually," you said with a slight chuckle, hoping to drink away the pain you were feeling at the moment.

The two of you went back inside; you told Declan you'd be fine alone and see where the girls were, while he went to go back to the boys. Mason had seen you and Declan come in, and he was concerned about what had happened. He quickly walked over to him.

"Why were you and Y/N outside?" He pulled Declan out of his conversation and dragged him away from Ben and Reece.

"I think you need to talk to her, mate," Declan looked at his best friend, not happy with how he had made you feel the past few weeks.

"What's going on?" Mason's heart raced; he couldn't figure out what the problem was.

"You need to figure it out on your own, mate," Declan walked away from him. He didn't want to tell Mason and give him the answer; if he really cared about you, he would've known or at least approach you and talk about it. He sighed as he decided to go look for you.

You had ordered a drink and were in your own little world at the moment, doing your best not thinking about what Declan said, nothing anyone said would make you feel better, unless it was Mason who talked to you himself.