30rty-2wo

Cleo P.O.V
I looked at Blaze as he screamed running away from his new Kitten. To say this boy was in love with his new best friend was an understatement. It was a couple of days after Christmas and it was now New Year's Eve. We were about to go into a new year. As a family. To say I was happy didn't even really fit what I really felt. I was too happy to be back with the love of my life and my baby boy. Our baby boy. Our family. This was all I ever wanted in life.

I got my dream.

"Daddy, tell Meow to leave me alone," He laughed running over to me as the kitten bunny hopped over to him. Badass kitten for a badass little boy. Soulmates.

"That's between you and Meow," I told him as he hopped in my lap moving his feet away from the kitten. Yes, he named his cat Meow.

That's none of my business.

"Daddddddy," He dragged out giggling as I started tickling him making him gently fall off of me. He got up quickly as he noticed Meow running back toward him and ran straight to Tristan who was just coming down the stairs. "Help!"

Tristan picked him up as he giggle holding his feet up so the cat couldn't reach him. Tristan looked over at me with a smile as he held Blaze. I know he's happy he ran to him for help. I can see it in his eyes.

"Why are you running from him, Blaze?" Tristan asked him laughing as I got up and walked into the kitchen. I want them to just be around each other. They need it.

My phone started ringing making me take out my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, son how are you?"

"I'm good ma. How are you?"

"I'm fine...I was wondering if it wasn't too much could I...meet your uh...,"

"Husband? You won't go to hell for just saying it out loud. I will though because I'm the one fu-,"

"Cleo!"

"What? You know you were thinking it. Those are your beliefs, not mine,"

"I don't know why you're laughing. There's nothing funny about cursing at your mother. Anyway, I told you I'm trying to be more progressive and my friend at work who's also a gay says it would be a good step to meet your husband. Are you sure he wasn't the one that beat you?"

"Ma, for the last time, Tristan didn't put his hands on me. I told you it wasn't by him. Can you just drop it, please? And when do you want to meet?"

"Are you busy today?"

"I mean...not really. We're just chilling in the house for today having a little New Year's party. You want to meet up today?"

"That would be lovely. Then I could also see little Blaze again. He's such a cutie,"

"Yea, he is. I love that little boy. But what time should I show up?"

"How about around 5ish? Does that work for you?"

"Sure ma. See you then," I said to her as we both hung up the phone.

"Why did you tell her I wasn't the one who did that to you?" Tristan asked me as I turned around.

"You wanted me to tell my mother who already doesn't approve of this gay relationship that my husband that I 'shouldn't have' beat my ass? Nah Im good. I do not wanna hear her mouth. Also, as you can see there was a good chance that we would get back together and we did, and if I told her she would hate you forever. I was trying to spare the drama," I told him as he sighed and nodded.