016. 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚

[ 🏹 ] ✾•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•✾ [ 🏹 ]

sixteen. the boys, the girls, they all like Carmen
she gives them butterflies
bats her cartoon eyes . 」

AN INDESCRIBABLE BLISS OCCURRED AS THE CHOCOLATE-COLOURED HORSE RODE AGAINST THE WIND. It harboured an undeniable sense of freedom that blossomed inside the mind of Elizabeth Dean.

The horse she and Ellie rested on top of was beautiful, with a chestnut mane to match it's chocolate-coloured body. It was tall and graceful, it's long legs appearing both towering and powerful.

Lizzie had learned it's name to be Vixen—named after the famous reindeer belonging to Santa Claus. She was female, too, and she'd recently surpassed her eighth birthday, making her the youngest of all the horses that had been brought.

The unknown group had allowed Ellie and Lizzie to ride Vixen, seeing as Ellie had managed to convince them Lizzie would stop glaring at the man on the horse.

Vixen seemed to like them, too. She was a sweet horse, emitting confidence and glory as she traveled against the bitter wintertime air.

Lizzie sat behind Ellie as they sat atop of Vixen. Her slender arms remained tight around Ellie as she leaned into the girl, unaware of the rosy blush on Ellie's face as the brunette pushed back a grin.

Joel rode on the horse next to them, taking cautious glances at them every couple of moments to make sure they were alright.

Bellamy had also been taken off their hands temporarily. The owner of the dog, who was tasked to find out if they were infected, had taken him off their hands, telling them he would transport Bellamy alongside the other dog, and they'd be able to reunite at Jackson.

The journey to Jackson would've, like most things, been incredible, seeing that Lizzie had never rode a horse before, but, as per usual the atmosphere was built on apprehension.

It hadn't taken long to arrive at Jackson, however. Protecting the town sat a large, wooden exterior of tall walls that blocked anything and everything from passing through.

One of the men that traveled with them pulled a red cloth from his pocket, holding up high in the air as the distance between them and the town lessened every passing minute.

Finally, the large gates began to open, allowing them into the town.

To Lizzie's surprise, the married couple had been wrong. No sign of cruelty or aggression unfolded through the town, instead the children danced with smiles on their faces, beside their parents who threw their heads back in laughter at something their colleague had said.