Chapter 13

Wu Mei shook her head, "It wasn't me, it was miss who took care of you."

Ji Yuning's fingers stiffened, but Wu Mei didn't notice her reaction as she walked towards the stairs and continued speaking, "Later, when your fever subsided, Miss felt a bit dizzy. I guessed it was because she hadn't eaten dinner and her blood sugar was low. So, I let her rest in her room. Miss had just left when you woke up."

Ji Yuning: "..."

"So the person she saw in a daze was Fang Bai?"

The two of them reached the second floor.

Ji Yuning remained silent and continued walking up the stairs.

At this moment, her mind was full of doubts. 

"Even though Aunt Wu's words didn't seem wrong, I couldn't imagine what it was like for Fang Bai to take care of me."

As she stepped on the stairs, Wu Mei pulled her back.

Ji Yuning regained her senses and looked at Aunt Wu, who asked, "Xiao Ji, do you want to stay on the second floor? I have already prepared the guest room."

"I'm allowed to stay on the second floor?" Ji Yuning asked in surprise.

Wu Mei smiled, "Yes, miss said that if you want to, you can stay on the second floor."

Ji Yuning paused for a moment and shook her head, "Aunt Wu, I'll still stay in the attic."

"Alright," Wu Mei said, not insisting, and continued to carry the bag upstairs.

Watching Wu Mei carrying so many things, afraid that she might trip, Ji Yuning followed closely behind her, protecting her.

But Ji Yuning had another question in her mind: 

"Why did Fang Bai suddenly ask her to live on the second floor?"

After climbing the stairs, Wu Mei stopped in front of the door and turned to Ji Yuning, asking, "Xiao Ji, can you open the door?"

Ji Yuning nodded, thinking that Wu Mei was too busy to do it herself. 

 She pushed aside the jumbled thoughts in her mind and walked forward to turn the doorknob.

If you were to say that the conditions in the attic were very poor, that was only true in the later stages. 

During the renovation, Fang Bai had taken great care in decorating it and the room door was very exquisite.

Ji Yuning often glanced at the door and thought of the scenes that didn't match what was behind it, deeply understanding the meaning of all that glitters is not gold.

However, Ji Yuning was surprised when she saw everything in the unfamiliar room, and her usually expressionless face briefly showed it.

Her eyebrows furrowed.

Then Wu Mei's smiling voice rang in her ear, "What do you think, Xiao Ji? Do you like it?"

The cardboard boxes that had been piled up in the attic were moved somewhere else.

"I've been living here for three years, but it was the first time I had seen the room in its entirety."

"It wasn't big, but it was more than enough for one person."

What caught her eye was the abundance of pink in the room.

The gray walls were covered with pink wallpaper, and the small window had been doubled in size, filling the room with sunlight.